Practice Manager III/UKHC
The Practice Manager III will have direct oversight for administrative, business, and operational planning and assessment of the Markey Hematology Program (MHP) Clinic. This position will be intimately involved in the development, implementation, and execution of the strategic plan for the clinic.
This position will work collaboratively with the Markey Cancer Center Director, Medical Directors, Division Chiefs, Ambulatory Directors and Nursing Clinical manager to support the vision for a patient-centric ambulatory practice that integrates care across the medical continuum through high quality, safe and effective service. The manager must possess strong leadership, project management, time management, problem solving and communication skills.
Responsibilities will include oversight of administrative functions including clinical operations, marketing input, facilities oversight, human resource management, and planning and development. This position requires the ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with all levels of management, faculty and staff in the Markey Cancer Center, UK HealthCare, KMSF, departments, and colleges across the University of Kentucky, as well as with patients, faculty, researchers, residents and students.
Practice Manager III/UKHC
M3030:Cancer Clinic Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Occasional lifting, pushing, and pulling up to and over 50 lbs, repetitive motion, occasional job-related travel.
Leadership, Communication, Teamwork.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
MBA, MHA, MPH, or BSN Preferred
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in managing a clinic/ambulatory practice in a healthcare environment.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 6 years
- More than 6 years
- * Do you have an MBA, MHA, or MPH or BSN?
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please provide an example of a time when you used data and measurement to set targets, analyze performance, or provide feedback. How did you communicate it to colleagues, staff, and leadership?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please give an example where you were asked to implement specialty-specific guidelines for day-to-day clinic operations.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter