The College of Pharmacy at the University of Kentucky is seeking to hire immediately a Laboratory Technician for the laboratory of Dr. Kip Guy. The Technician will be part of a dynamic and successful team engaged in translational research projects aimed at identifying novel therapeutic drugs in cancer and infectious diseases; as well as understanding the mechanism of action of these drugs.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with outstanding mammalian cell culture techniques mainly to drive the in vitro testing of molecules using mammalian cell lines and malaria strains. Moreover, the candidate is expected to participate in in vivo pharmacokinetic/toxicity studies, maintain the chemical inventory and lab supplies.
The laboratory of Dr. Guy is committed to maintain a positive work environment and to provide opportunities for career development.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, pulling of objects up to 20 lbs. Sitting for long periods of time.
Monday - Friday with some possible nights and weekends depending upon research project.
Laboratory management, cell culture techniques, animal handling, lab calculations, and data analysis.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Bachelor's degree and 2 years experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your paid employment experience with cell culture.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your amount of paid, full-time employment experience with performing in vivo AND in vitro experiments.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * How many years of experience do you have in mammalian cell cultures?
- 0-1 year
- 1-2 years
- 2-3 years
- 4 or more years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- Cover Letter