Mobile Application Developer
Mobile Application Developer
Job Number: 74847
Mobile Application Developer Software Developer 2 JCC: 4822 JOB DESCRIPTION:
As a part of GSE IT team, the Mobile Application Developer is responsible for supporting the GSE faculty's academic research projects by analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, modifying, and maintaining applications for iOS and Android devices. The Mobile Application Developer will utilize innovative programming and analytical skills.
- Conceptualize design, implement, and develop complex applications for iOS and Android.
- Provide technical guidance in developing and implementing innovative software from concept to delivery in support of educational research and teaching.
- Translate software/program requirements into workable programming specifications and code.
- Work with designers to develop features that enable rich user experience.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user experience problems encountered during implementation and operation phases.
- Address client feature requests through entire software development life-cycle.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Develop and utilize data visualization tools to help researchers collect and display data.
- Use distributed version control management practices.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Expertise in designing, developing, testing, and deploying mobile applications.
- Proficiency with application design and data modeling.
- Ability to write, compile, test, debug, and deploy software on iOS and Android.
- Ability to design and manage relational databases.
- Ability to implement RESTful web services and APIs.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of git and version control.
- Knowledge of popular frameworks such as Cocoapods or Carthage for iOS.
- Knowledge of React and React Native is a plus.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Candidates should submit a cover letter (outlining why this position is of interest and they feel they're qualified) and a resume, along with the online application.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check prior to working at Stanford University.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; all candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Graduate School of Education
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.