Customer Service Specialist 3-Lacey Campus
Position type: Full-time Classified, 40 hours per week, overtime eligible permanent position.
Salary: $2,724.00 - $3,541.00/month; Range 39
Opens: May 9, 2017
Closes: May 26, 2017
Location: SPSCC Lacey Campus, WA
South Puget Sound Community College seeks a highly enthusiastic, motivated, and qualified individual for the position of Customer Service Specialist 3 at the SPSCC Lacey Campus. The Customer Service Specialist 3 reports to the Director of Student Services and is responsible for providing all enrollment related services to students at the Lacey Campus using the One Stop Student Services model. The One Stop customer service model combines the functions of admissions, enrollment, cashiering and financial aid at one location.
The hours of this position are 9:30am to 6:30pm Monday-Wednesday and 8:00am to 5:00pm Thursday-Friday.
- Advise students, staff and the public with information and interpretation of college policies and activities related to enrolling at the college including residency information, guidelines, and status of applications.
- Use independent judgment and knowledge of processes, regulations and policies to resolve problems to inform, educate, and assist students.
- Respond to inquiries via phone, fax, e-mail and at the front counter about Enrollment Services, Advising, Registration, Financial Aid, Cashiering and special enrollment/aid programs.
- Direct customers to appropriate staff and departments within college and schedule appointments with appropriate staff when necessary.
- Receive cash, checks, and credit cards and process student payment for credit and non-credit tuition, fees, testing and outstanding balances affecting enrollment.
- Process student payment for tuition, fees, testing, and other outstanding account balances affecting enrollment.
- Assist in the training of part-time and back-up staff members on enrollment, advising, financial aid, and cashiering policies, practices and information for the One Stop at Lacey Campus.
- Process transactions for admissions and registration, including admissions applications and registration forms- online and in-person, routing forms to Mottman Campus as necessary.
- Receive completed enrollment and financial aid forms, check for accuracy, and route to appropriate staff on Mottman Campus according to workflow.
- Instruct and demonstrate for customers the use of the college website and Campus CE, for all online functions and general information.
- Assist customers in using and understanding credit and non-credit class catalog and class schedules.
- Utilize desktop publishing, spreadsheet, and word processing software to create new documents, forms, etc.
- Establish and maintain records and files, record statistical information, access data in student management database as necessary, and dispose of files as per state and college records retention requirements..
- Interpret and ensure confidentiality of customer information following federal FERPA and financial aid guidelines and college regulations
- Communicate the financial aid application, the awarding process, payment plan, enrollment/cashier holds, and credit and non-credit tuition and fees to students, faculty, staff, and the public when necessary.
- Independently check financial aid file status and assist students appropriately when file reviewer has requested additional information.
- Document image materials received for student educational and financial aid records.
- Use the Student Management System, Financial Aid Management and Cashiering computer systems to retrieve, enter, and query student information.
- Work with the Director of Student Services to develop efficient admissions, enrollment, and registration processes, communication plans, and services for students at Lacey Campus.
- An Associate’s Degree AND three years of experience assisting customers regarding inquiries, complaints, and problems OR a Bachelor’s degree AND one year of experience assisting customers in the above capacity OR equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure, meet deadlines and accommodate numerous interruptions while performing multiple tasks.
- Experience as a customer service representative.
- Strong aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy of information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work
well with others, and function as a team member.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, student-centered environment, with multiple competing priorities.
- Experience with Student Management System (SMS).
- Advanced knowledge of computers and software applications, specifically MS Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations, solving
problems and making decisions.
- Actively contributes to a work environment that embraces diversity and uses diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of organizational goals.
Your application and these questions will be used to evaluate your qualifications. You must complete these questions to be considered for the position. Please answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. You may type or write your answers but they must be clear and legible.
- What interests you in this position and how do you think your prior experiences and interests prepare you for it?
- Please list the Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) in which you have an intermediate to advanced skill level. What other software or database applications have you used?
- Briefly describe an experience you have had in creating or supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Completed SPSCC Employment Application
- Letter of application that specifically addresses your ability to perform the responsibilities and competencies described in this announcement
- Resume of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications
- Completed Supplemental Questions
Send application materials via one of the delivery methods below- email is preferred:
Human Resource Office
South Puget Sound Community College
2011 Mottman Road SW
Olympia, WA 98512