Computer Science - non-tenure-track position
COMPUTER SCIENCE – Washington State University Vancouver invites applications for one non-tenure-track position at clinical assistant or clinical associate professor level beginning August 16, 2017.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field by the employment start date
- Experience in application programming and Linux/Unix programming tools
- For clinical associate professor level, minimum six years of recent, relevant teaching experience at an accredited university program
- College level teaching experience
- Experience in either numerical computing, software engineering, or graphics are preferred, although applicants from other areas of computer science are also encouraged to apply
- Industry experience
- ABET accreditation experience
Primary responsibility is to teach and develop undergraduate courses in computer science. The successful candidate is also expected to participate in graduate education. Other responsibilities include holding office hours, advising, conducting course assessments, service contributions on committees, participation in recruitment events and contributing to our campus diversity goals (e.g. incorporate issues of diversity into mentoring, curriculum, or service).
WSU Vancouver serves about 3,400 graduate and undergraduate students and is fifteen miles north of Portland, Oregon. The School of Engineering and Computer Science (ENCS) is rapidly growing. WSU is Washington's land grant university with faculty and programs on four campuses. For more information: http://ecs.vancouver.wsu.edu. WSU Vancouver is committed to building a culturally diverse educational environment.
To apply: Please visit www.wsujobs.com and search postings by location. Applications must include: (1) cover letter with a clear description of experience relevant to the position; (2) vita including a list of three references, and (3) a list of the existing ENCS courses the candidate can teach and any new courses the candidate proposes to develop. Application deadline is open until filled.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply. WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens.