Assistant Director of Athletic Communications
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn University, a NCAA Division II member and a member of the Sunshine State Conference, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Athletic Communications. This is a full-time position with benefits over a 10-month period. Position begins August 2017. The ideal candidate will possess good interpersonal, organizational, detailed and problem-solving skills, communication skills, and have the ability to work independent and within a team-oriented work group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary contact for designated sports (write press releases, - provide radio coverage, handle in-game Statcrew functions, etc.)
- Serve as secondary contact for the remaining athletic programs, including in-game functions for all sports at some point throughout the year.
- Edit video highlights, interviews and photos for the athletic website and social media.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing the department's social media outreach plan.
- Assist in community outreach events with student-athletes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or sports management.
- At least one year of experience in collegiate athletics communications preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, computer and oral communication skills are required.
- Successful applicants will be knowledgeable in Statcrew/The Automated Scorebook, Final Cut, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign & Premier, as well as have some knowledge of HTML code.
- Digital photography experience a plus.
- Video editing and statistical software experience preferred.
- Night and weekend work required.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.