Benefits & Wellness Manager - Employee Services
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Benefits & Wellness Manager.
The Benefits & Wellness Manager maintains a high degree of confidentiality, serves as a subject matter expert, and promotes a positive work environment by developing, administering, and evaluating employee benefits and wellness programs that are cost effective and support the university's position as an employer of choice. The manager is responsible for communicating with employees in a timely manner including with regard to benefits and wellness initiatives, accommodation requests, and workers' compensation claims. The manager must continually develop skills and knowledge in order to remain apprised of changes in the field and ensure ongoing compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Administer and address all matters pertaining to leave management including but not limited to FMLA, sick leave, and military leave.
- Evaluate and compare existing university benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information. Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys. Analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Implement approved programs or changes to existing ones by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents, and other media for communicating plans to employees. Create and implement communication plan for enrollment process. Ensure all benefit plan information, summary plan descriptions, internal marketing materials, and website are accurate and current.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of state and federal law. Coordinate preparation and distribution of benefits related reports, filings, and notices as required by law. Participate in and provide information required as part of plan audits. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure timely, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Review and respond to requests for reasonable accommodation in line with university policy.
- Process claims of workplace injury. Oversee compliance with university requirements related to Worker's Compensation and OSHA.
- Reconcile benefit vendor invoices, develop cost control procedures, and authorize payment.
- Design, coordinate, and execute wellness programs and activities.
- Conduct new hire orientation and provide individual employee counseling on eligibility requirements, qualifying events, health and life insurance, etc.
- Administer and oversee compliance related to flexible spending accounts, health spending accounts, and COBRA eligibility.
- Maintain enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Support the identification of training needs; develop and facilitate training programs for supervisors and employees on benefit and wellness related topics.
- Complete special projects and serve on university committees as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current regulations and requirements in an organizational setting.
- High attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written communication, active listening, and conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to present in a clear, concise and articulate manner.
- Skilled at efficiently and effectively solving problems both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; planning and organizing multiple projects.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- At least five (5) years' strong benefits administration experience.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of current regulations including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, ERISA, and Workers Compensation.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Prior HRIS experience is preferred.
- PHR/SPHR Certification preferred.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at email@example.com; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.