Parking Lot Maintenance/Painter
Parking Lot Maintenance/Painter
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09038
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Classified; Level 15; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $2,632 to $2,689 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Under the direction of a manager, performs routine maintenance and repair of PCC parking lots and roadways, and maintains the campus parking garage. Incumbent provides assistance to Transportation Specialist II with minor maintenance on buses and other duties as assigned.
Position is based at Sylvania Campus, but will travel throughout the district.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
- Maintenance of parking lots/garages including: cracking sealing, painting curbs, install signs and updating striping.
- Cleaning and minor repairs of buses such as replace windshield wiper blades, tightening screws, assisting the Transportation Specialist II.
- Act as a van driver, maintenance truck driver.
- Support other staff as needed.
- Computer reporting of work completed.
- Computer look up of work needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that support all of the following qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
High school diploma or equivalent
One year of experience in basic facilities, construction or repair experience in a commercial or industrial setting.
Must possess a valid driver license for operation of motor vehicles within the State of Oregon or Washington and have an acceptable driving record. PCC will run a driving record check on the finalist applicant.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations;
Departmental processes and policies;
Common hand tools;
Basic workplace health and safety procedures.
Using a computer to perform basic operations;
Using a variety of equipment to complete task assignments;
Organizing and keeping records;
Mechanical adaptability for solutions to maintenance problems.
Interact positively with staff and the public in order to enhance effectiveness and to promote quality service;
Comprehend technical language;
Work effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse population;
Work independently and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to needed changes;
Remain calm under high pressure/difficult situations;
Learn quickly and apply knowledge to new situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise and temperature extremes. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. while performing job duties. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials. Work schedule may include weekend hours. Operates heavy and/or light motorized equipment and uses power and hand tools.
- Parking lot maintenance work experience.
- Direct experience with maintenance equipment such as: Fork lift, equipment for painting striped lines on parking spaces, basic tools, asphalt crack sealing, pressure washing.
- Basic computer experience including Microsoft Excel and Word programs.
Additional Posting Information:
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter that describes how you meet the Preferred Qualifications for the position (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.