Interpreter (College of Veterinary Medicine - Dean's Business Office)
General Description of Position: This position is the first point of contact for Clients of the Veterinary Diagnostic Lab, a division of the Controlled Corporation K-State Diagnostic and Analytical Services. Responsible for managing all communications with all international clients. Position acts as a customer service representative, fielding calls from clients and responding appropriately. Incumbent is expected to work independently while utilizing good judgment and adherence to policy and procedures. Assignments involve detailed coding of payments, processing of client credit card payments, entering payments into laboratory information management system, constantly interacting with Clients, Faculty and Staff, and assisting with the adjustments and open accessions processes. Diversity and Inclusion: Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.Job Description: Daily Accounts Receivable Processing: • First point of contact on the KSVDL Business Office main telephone line as well as the VDLBusiness email inbox (shared email inbox) • Responsible for coding and entering checks, cash, cashnet, and credit cards into the laboratory information management system (LIMS) to ensure the payments are accurately reflected on client’s accounts o Due to the critical nature of entering payments timely on the last business day of the month, before invoicing on the 1st of every month, employee is expected to attend work on the last business day of the month as much as reasonably possible • Back-up on the daily deposit process as well as for the check deposit process done remotely through the local bank • Back-up for Rabies lab special service payments (STAT Fees, Courier fees, Rabpacks) • Lead on monthly credit balance research, 30 day past due calls, and current large balance calls • Sorts invoices and processes them through the Hasler folder-sorter for send out on the 1st business day of every month o Due to the critical nature of sending out all invoices on the first business day of the month, employee is expected to attend work on the first business day of the month as much as reasonably possible • Generates pre-scripted 60 day letters on the 1st business day of every month Adjustments: • Ensures all adjustments follow standard operating procedures when entered into LIMS • Coordinates appropriate signature(s) on form and enters adjustments into LIMS within 15 days of receiving the adjustment form Open Accession List Monitoring: • Responsible for the monthly generation of the open accession report out of LIMS o Monitors accessions which have been open for more than 30 days o Communicates with case coordinator about open accession(s) o Resolves any issues so accession(s) can be closed by the last business day of the month International Communications: • This position is solely responsible for managing Business Office communications for all international KSVDL clients, with a majority of these clients being Spanish speaking o Responsible for all phone and email correspondence with international clients - Coordinates between the labs and the Business Office to ensure correct tests ordered, results sent out properly, as well as handles billing issues as they arise o All first-time international clients seeking Rabies Laboratory services are automatically set to pre-pay status - Responsible for coordinating with the Rabies Lab to ensure payments are collected and processed both timely and accurately from these clients to guarantee the client’s results are released as soon as they become available o Works with clients directly to ensure their credit cards are correctly processed through the KSVDL credit card terminal meeting international regulations Required Minimum Qualifications: Three years of experience in general office, clerical, and administrative support work.
Ability to Speak foreign languages, specifically Spanish Preferred Qualifications: - One to two years’ experience in customer service
- One to two years’ experience in accounts receivables
- One to two years’ experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Ability to use calculators, personal computers and application software, specifically Microsoft Office and Laboratory Information Software
- Ability to organize and clearly express information in concise written form
- Ability to arbitrate and investigate difficulties concerning account issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and representatives of other agencies or departments Special Instructions to Applicants: To apply, please submit an application along with a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Screening of Applications Begins: Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Salary Range / Pay Rate: $ 15.67 - $ 24.29 per hour Equal Employment Opportunity: Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Background Screening Statement: In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.