Assistant Director of Intercultural Advancement
The Assistant Director of Intercultural Advancement assists in the overall direction and coordination of diversity and inclusion initiatives sponsored by the Center for Intercultural Advancement. This is a live-on, on-call position, campus housing and a partial meal plan are included with this position. The Assistant Director responsibilities include the planning, development and implementation of programs and student services that promote academic and personal growth for historically underrepresented groups at Moravian College. The incumbent will provide support in the development of programs that advance engagement with diversity, equity and inclusion to promote inclusive excellence.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervised by the Director of Intercultural Advancement
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience addressing the needs of individuals from LGBTQ+ communities.
- Aids in the coordination of diversity, inclusion, and social justice programming and actively participate in the strategic planning for the Center for Intercultural Advancement.
- Serve as the co-coordinator to plan and execute the annual Intercultural Graduation Ceremony and reception.
- Serve as an advocate, mentor, and resource in support of historically underrepresented and marginalized students.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to student clubs and organizations whose missions are closely aligned to the Center for Intercultural Advancement.
- Assists in the coordination of outreach and resources to LGBTQ+ students.
- Assists in raising the profile of the Center for Intercultural Advancement and issues of diversity and social justice. This includes, but is not limited to, developing partnerships with the Marketing and Communications department to maintain the Intercultural Advancement website, generating office publications, and documenting programs focused on equity and inclusion.
- Assesses the impact of programs and services offered by the Center; serve on the Student Affairs Assessment Committee.
- Actively maintains the department webpage and social media accounts.
- Experience with developing and implementing social media strategic plans and with audience development and engagement using a variety of social media platforms.
STUDENT AFFAIRS RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a member of the College Behavioral Intervention Team and assist in the counseling of students on personal/developmental matters.
- Participate, with other professional staff, in a 24/7 “on call” emergency response/crisis intervention rotation system.
- Perform support services and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree preferred, Bachelors required with experience in inclusion and equity as well as program and event management experience. Experience working at a liberal arts college is preferred.
Daily interaction with students is an essential function of this position, therefore excellent oral, written, and overall interpersonal communication skills are vital as is the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of constituencies. Ability to work with a diverse group of students, staff, and faculty. Experience creating and conducting training and development initiatives. Experience with student activities and programming. The individual will demonstrate a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and social justice and possess exceptional organizational skills. Proficient in social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Canvas. Strong commitment to diversity and social justice, including intersectionality issues.
Additionally, we are seeking an individual who can thrive in a dynamic, high-paced, and high-energy team environment. This position requires flexibility on nights and weekends as a member of the live-in, on-call team. The ability to make clear decisions and exercise sound judgment in emergency situations is crucial.
TO APPLY: All application materials MUST be combined into ONE (1) document formatted as a PDF file. Limit application materials to the cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references along with specific salary history. If your experience qualifies you for this challenging position, please send this document electronically to email@example.com. Include ‘Asst. Dir of Intercultural Advancement’ in the email subject line.
Review of applications will begin May 24, 2017 and will continue until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. (Application materials combined into one (1) Word file will be considered.) Questions about the position may be directed to (610) 861-1527. Moravian College is an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and encouraging individuals from under-represented populations to apply. EOE