The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the school's academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 28 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Lifeguard position is non-benefited, part-time and not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year. This position is responsible for supervising swimmers and maintaining a safe environment in the Ritchie Center's El Pomar Natatorium. The job responsibilities include the following:
- Recognize and respond effectively and efficiently to emergencies.
- Maintain a clean, safe environment including the natatorium and locker rooms.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules, programmatic schedules, and regulations.
- Inspect the aquatic facilities and report unsafe conditions and equipment to managerial staff.
- Complete daily checklist.
- Attend and participate in monthly in-service trainings and all staff meetings.
- Respond to participant questions and comments.
- Provide excellent customer service to all Ritchie Center guests.
- Maintain a general knowledge of programs taking place in the pool area.
- Assist other areas of the facility as necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Current/previous American Red Cross Lifeguard certification.
- Able to move about the Ritchie Center while transporting equipment or objects up to 50 pounds.
- High School diploma & some college experience.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard certification.
- 1-2 years of lifeguard experience.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. For questions, please contact Rachel.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.