Department Coordinator - Marketing & Communications
The Office of Marketing and Communications welcomes applications for a Department Coordinator. This position is primarily responsible for executing communication campaigns supporting student recruitment, brand awareness, development and fundraising, and internal communications. The position is also responsible for creating, executing and assessing an annual social media content and engagement strategy. Additionally the position will assist the marketing department with administrative duties, including data collection, event support, mailings, and other clerical duties as needed.
- Serves as the communication liaison to multiple departments across the college to support promotion of events and activity through social media, digital signage and email marketing, including our weekly internal newsletter;
- Actively seeks out student, faculty and alumni stories that support the strategic messages central to messaging campaigns and enrollment targets. Coordinates interviews and photo/video/podcast shoots as appropriate and prepares final content and visuals for distribution;
- Uses a wide range of media including email, social media, web, video and print and ensures that all media are fully utilized and coordinated with all campaigns;
- Actively manages data from institutional surveys, external career statistics and trending news to promote mental health career highlights through all media mentioned above;
- Responsible for day-to-day social media engagement as well as creating, executing, and assessing an annual social media content and engagement strategy primarily driven by student recruitment and brand awareness;
- Researches topics for content development and maintains a content calendar. Works collaboratively with all college departments to promote events, student recruitment, and brand awareness;
- Writes original content and re-purposes existing content for social channels, email marketing, web content and digital signage paying particular attention to voice and style;
- Measures and organizes social media analytics and reports on the effectiveness of campaigns, suggests ways to continuously improve and implement new strategies. Continuously researches, tests and proposes new ideas for social media engagement that will enhance brand awareness as well as the reach to prospective students;
- Create and manage email campaigns through Constant Contact and Hubspot to support Admissions events and student recruitment, including promotion of weekly webinars;
- Stays abreast of industry developments to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities;
- Works collaboratively and strategically with all members of the Marketing and Communications team. The applicant must be a team player and support colleagues as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to self-monitor quality control and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple marketing campaigns and/or communication projects at once
- Models quality customer service
- Ability to manage and analyze data
- Some evening and weekend work will be required to attend and support events primarily for social media promotion
- Intermediate experience coordinating a social media strategy for a professional organization
- Intermediate experience using a wide range of social media platforms
- Intermediate level of technical abilities will be required to manage and use email software and digital signage system. Training will be provided.
- Experience with video creation and editing a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of HubSpot and Constant Contact, a plus
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Monica Davis, Human Resources Assistant, at HR@williamjames.edu.
William James College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is a community that embraces multiculturalism. As such, persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Department Coordinator - Marketing & Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly