Construction Project Engineer
Reeves Construction Company, a leader in heavy highway construction is seeking a Project Engineer with 3-5 years' experience in highway construction for the Macon, GA area. Candidate must be self-starter with excellent communication skills; computer literate, familiar with DOT specs; materials, cost tracking, purchasing, subcontracting, and submittals for approval. Experience with public bidding process preferred.
Responsible for assisting construction/ project manager in all phases of the construction of the various projects at all stages.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Control and Management of project documentation and pay records for assigned projects.
• Assist the Construction Manager and Project Manager with planning and scheduling activities
• Prepare schedules and necessary updates of construction activities and analysis of manpower and equipment required.
• Maintain a daily record of all significant project facts, events, and conditions.
• Review cost and schedules with Construction Manager.
• Maintain and track cost associated with projects.
• Communicate with DOT and other contractors.are
• indirectly responsible for crews related to projects, notifying management of any personnel issues or injuries.
• Constantly strive to improve leadership and management capability and performance, and to acquire additional knowledge, skills and ability through study and personal development to qualify for positions of greater responsibility.
• Attend and document the weekly schedule and coordinating meetings and produce minutes of the meetings.
• Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes.
• Report regularly to the Project Manager to keep him constantly informed of job progress, plans and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules.
• Construction Management or Civil Engineering Degree
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Communication and leadership abilities
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Reeves Construction Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, drug free workplace employer. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive benefits package. Salary is based on experience.
Reeves Construction Company has been a key partner in the infrastructure growth of the Southeast since the company's founding in Americus, Georgia, in 1955. Reeves Construction has expanded to meet the needs of the region as the demands for improved infrastructure increase.
Reeves prides itself as a leader in the transportation construction industry, not only for its quality products, but also for its high company standards of safety and performance. Our company's success is based on a foundation of exceptional accomplishments, with an eye on innovation for the future.
Mon, 8 May 2017 06:09:47 PDT