Electrical / Electronic Field Service Technician
Electrical/Electronic Field Service Technician
The Electrical Field Service Technician is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance, scheduled and emergency services. The EFST is required to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, co-workers, sales representatives and others as appropriate.
Knowledge of UPS systems and electrical equipment
ASSETS - nice to have but not necessarily required
• 4+ years of hands on electrical/electronic experience (field service experience preferred)
• Familiarity with electrical/electronic test equipment and fundamentals
• Ability to read and interpret electrical line diagrams and blueprints
• Working knowledge of OHM's law and electronic theory
• Ability to evaluate the operating conditions of equipment
• Standard computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Mechanical aptitude
• Clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of internal and external customers
• Must have the ability and self motivation to manage one's own schedule
• Various levels of secondary education in electrical or electronic technologies. Prefer associates degree in electronics or equivalent on-the-job experience
Knowledge of AC & DC circuitry
• Render technical on-site ad phone assistance to customers
• Perform general and preventive maintenance on UPS systems, stationary battery systems and to a lesser extent engine-driven generators
• Respond to emergency calls at customers request
• Strive to provide all customers a 'first-time fix' for their equipment
• Keep current on Safety Field Change Notices and Service Tips
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of time cards, expense reports, etc.
While performing duties of the above jobs, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or other components; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to regularly lift at least 50 pounds. Valid driver's license is required.
Critical Power Services is an Authorized Service Provider and Distributer / Reseller for many brands of UPS Systems, Emergency Lighting UPS Systems, Stationary Battery Systems, and Generators.
We provide regular maintenance to many brands of emergency power backup equipment. The equipment regularly serviced ranges from one small UPS and battery system to multiple large battery systems.
CPS takes pride in operating as an Independent Service / Sales Company specializing in providing a full range of objective diagnostic, repair, and preventive maintenance services with full 7x24 emergency services.
We Specialize In:
Stationary Battery Systems
UPS Systems (Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems)
Emergency Lighting Systems
DC Power Systems
Battery System Installations / Removals / EPA Approved Disposals
UPS Systems Service
Emergency Lighting Inverter Systems
Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Programs
Inspection and Repairs
Maintenance Training / Maintenance Program Audit
Supervision of Contractor Installations
Battery Installation Certification
Mobile And Temporary Battery Back-Up Power
Battery Monitoring Systems
Standby / Stationary Batteries
Emergency Lighting Central Inverter Systems
Emergency Lighting Fixtures / Components / Parts
Expertise in the Following Industries:
Mission Critical Facilities
Mon, 8 May 2017 09:12:06 PDT