Project Manager (SCRUM MASTER)
We are hiring a Project Manager (SCRUM MASTER) for a Contract position in Plano, TX
FOR IMMEDIATE DETAILS ABOUT THIS POSITION, feel free to contact ANY of us and reference the job# below:
JOANNE SMITH: (800) 732-4680 x720
LINDSEY YOUNG: (800) 732-4680 x713
ADAM WEBB: (800) 732-4680 x711
KIANA AREVALO: (800) 732-4680 x703
Position: Project Manager
Job Ref#: 28891
Duration: 12+ Months (On-going Contract)
Location: Plano, TX 75024 (on-site only)
Rate: Open/Market Rate, depends on experience level (W2 ONLY)
** We will NOT accept 3rd party, Corp to Corp (C2C) or Independent (1099) contractors for this role **
SCRUM Project Manager who has experience managing applications development. They will be responsible for is responsible for creating project plans, coordinate resources, allocate the resources based on their workload, and prioritizing requirements. They will interface with customers, update management on project status, issues, ensuring the projects stay on plan. This team develops a lot of small scale web or software applications that are not necessarily enterprise level, budgets range from 100K - 150K and can last 3-4 months. This Project Manager will act as the Scrum Master, facilitating and making sure they are following the scrum process. When needed they will coordinate with customers and the infrastructure or IT team, ensuring management is updated on the project status, any issue management that might be needed. They need to have experience managing applications development teams. Currently they are running on .NET, Jira tools.
This role will be best suited by a PM who has previous moved from Waterfall to Scrum or Agile to Scum and is Certified Scrum Master.
• Develops and maintains productive working relationships with project sponsors, stakeholders and key systems users.
• Oversees the project plan, project scope, schedules, resource estimates, project budget, issue management, risk management, change control and status reporting.
• Assists users in prioritizing new development projects, enhancement projects for existing systems, and system maintenance requests.
• Works closely with the users and technical teams to ensure that the business requirements are clear and well defined, and that the technical solutions meet the business requirements.
• Recommends projects to IT management and users for approval.
• Assesses alternative systems approaches for workability and economic feasibility.
• Estimates staff resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, and equipment.
• Applies project management methodologies and best practices as directed by senior management or that are most appropriate for the project.
• Supervises technical resources, including contingent workers, associates and 3rd party vendor staff as appropriate.
• Plans team member work assignments and schedules, and guides and monitors work performance.
• Develops, manages and reviews project documentation including project plan, budget documentation and status reports.
• Communicates project status regularly to IT management and project stakeholders.
• Formalizes project activities and guides a project acceptance as a production system.
• Assists in the preparation of employee evaluations as required.
• Makes recommendations regarding staffing requirements and employee discipline, but does not have the authority to execute decision in these areas independently.
• Fulfills departmental requirements by providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation or education.
Project Manager Role
• Creates and manages Project plans and scope.
• Co-ordinates internal department review process.
• Allocates resources based on workload.
• Manages and prioritizes requirements.
• Co-ordinates interaction with customers and users.
• Keeps project team focused on the right goals.
• Establishes best Practices to ensure quality of project documentation.
• Plans the product's transition to the user community.
• Oversees the change control process.
• Identifies requirements in a Statement of Work/Requirements (Managed Acquisition Process).
• Addresses the Enterprise Considerations.
Co-ordinates and works with the horizontal support teams, which may include:
• Disaster Recovery.
• Integration Center.
• Company Enterprise Security Services.
• Assist the Product Owner (of user story) to create User Stories for inclusion into the Product Backlog
• Ensure the language adheres to Scrum
• Assist the Product Owner and Project Manager to prioritize the Product Backlog
• Facilitate Story Point Estimation
• Work with Product Owner for prioritized Epic User Stories
• Facilitate Sprint Planning
• Facilitate Daily Scrum
• Facilitate Sprint Review
• Facilitate end of Sprint Retrospectives
• Capture and report team performance metrics (Velocity)
• Shield team from interruptions during the Sprint
• Assist the Project Manager throughout the User Story Lifecycle
• Coach team on Agile "Best Practices"
• Assist Product Owner and team with Roadmap Planning
• Manage scrum process and ensure that it is followed.
• Shield the team from external interference and promptly sort out anything that is slowing down the team.
• Work closely with the product owner and QA to establish the acceptance criteria for all user stories.
• Ensure that the user stories in the backlog are prioritized and estimated, which includes scheduling and facilitating the planning poker sessions.
• Track the team's velocity, understand the deltas between sprints, and react accordingly.
• In a timely fashion, communicate to other teams and product owner decisions made by the team.
• Motivate, inspire, and improve the lives and productivity of the development team.
• Review and improve the practices.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: (Resume must reflect this experience)
•• 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Project Manager, having experience maintaining budgets, managing applications development and project plans/deliverables.
•• 5+ years of experience Project Managing, managing all phases of the SDLC.
•• Must have previous experience moving from Agile to Scrum and is Scrum Certified
• Experience with facilitating scrum ceremonies - daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint backlog, sprint retrospective, and sprint reviews
• Project Management skill set (managing and maintaining budgets, resource allocation, creating project plans, coordinating status meetings, etc)
• Position may have up to 10% travel (initially, the role will require travel to Erlanger, KY for knowledge transfer but this will be temporary for training purposes)
• Must be available to interview in-person.
• Must have a stable work history, working in a similar role.
NICE TO HAVE:
• Previous experience in Manufacturing Environment
• Large enterprise experience
• H1 Visa Transfers/Green Card processing.
• Open enrollment of Medical/Dental/Vision benefits (Aetna).
• 401K Retirement program.
• Paid Bi-Weekly/Direct Deposit.
• Flex Spending Plan.
• Voluntary Life, AD&D, STD or LTD plans.
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Mon, 8 May 2017 20:57:27 PDT