University Payroll Analyst (Multiple Positions)
Under general supervision, within CUNY Central Office, performs a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing requests for paycheck advances, and processing terminations. Duties follow established procedures, responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections to make documents acceptable for processing and escalation to a higher level when appropriate. Performs related work.
Some general work tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Processes and enters transactions into systems supporting payroll activities.
- Coordinates the collection, distribution and analysis of transaction correction sheets; ensures that correction sheets are properly completed prior to distribution to agencies; assists in the analysis of agency submission errors; distributes correction sheets to agencies in accordance with established timeframes.
- Audits all salary refunds, retirement system enrollments and involuntary deduction orders submitted by NYS and NYC government agencies and judicial authorities; determines appropriate action based on regulations, business rules and various laws; makes minor corrections as needed.
- Checks and audits timekeeping records for compliance with established union, CUNY and government policies.
- Answers various types of inquiries from employees, managers and agencies concerning payroll related issues.
- Calculates and coordinates processing of salaries, salary increases, longevity payments, performance advances, overtime payments, termination payouts and other payroll related issues.
- Calculates leave entitlements for employees.
- Collaborates in the analysis of collective bargaining agreements, statutes, memoranda and other agreements for implementing salary increases and required payroll changes.
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on solutions.to payroll requirements not provided by the automated payroll system.
- Assists with training presentations.
- Provides information such as agency audits, salaries, or deduction submission errors and common agency questions for use in training programs.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
Univ Payroll Analyst
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED and 3 years of full-time payroll or payroll related experience. OR
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered four-year College or University with an Associate's Degree in a finance, accounting or HR related field and 2 years of full-time experience. OR
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered four-year College or University with a Bachelor's Degree in a finance, accounting or HR related field.
The full specification is available on our web site at: http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.html
New Hire: $38,796
This amount reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a position focused cover letter and rsum with your online application. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your experience and credentials fulfill the duties and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
Open until filled
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: University Payroll Analyst (Multiple Positions)
Job ID: 16463
Full/Part Time: Full-Time