The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
New Orleans, LA
For its new innovative Clinical Psy.D. program at Xavier University of Louisiana, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is currently seeking outstanding practitioner-scholar applicants for 1.0 FTE positions of open rank Faculty. Specific duties for these New Orleans based positions include teaching at a graduate level in various subjects that include the Department's two main orientations of Cognitive-Behavioral and Systems. Faculty members also teach courses in Assessment, Research Methods/Statistics, and in focus areas that include Health Psychology / Behavioral Medicine and Working with Diverse and Multicultural Populations. The ability to mentor a diverse student body, utilize technology/varied educational methods, and support student scholarship are important qualities. Relocation assistance may be provided to the right candidate.
The Chicago School Clinical Psy.D. program at Xavier University of Louisiana has received recognition for its commitment to diversity and intercultural education. Candidates must minimally have an appreciation and enthusiasm for this aspect of the program, ideally bringing expertise and background in this area. Successful candidates should have a proven track record of graduate-level teaching, clinical experience, and scholarship. Faculty members advise students, chair dissertations, and serve on campus and department committees. Faculty members are contracted to teach the equivalent of 17 credit hours annually (any additional teaching is paid as overage). These positions have an anticipated start date of 8/15/16 and are pending final budget approval.
Applicants should submit the following:
- a letter of interest that includes:
- a one page summary of the applicant's teaching philosophy
- a list of the graduate courses taught
- a short summary of the applicant's experience with student dissertations (for example, number of dissertations served as chair as well as reader), and a brief list of the areas and kinds of dissertation topics and methodologies the applicant would be interested in chairing, especially if they are part of an ongoing research program
- up to three areas the applicant would consider areas of teaching and clinical specialty
- a CV
- two recommendation letters
- a one page summary sheet of course evaluation results (if available)
Interested candidates may apply online or send their materials directly to:
Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Xavier University of Louisiana
Attn: Christoph Leonhard, Ph.D. ABPP, Department Chair
TCSPP@XULA clinical PsyD program
1 Drexel Drive
New Orleans, LA 70125
The Chicago School is an independent, not for profit graduate school, and an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Thank you for your interest in The Chicago School.