Assistant/ Associate Specialist Position
Open date: July 12th, 2016
Last review date: October 1st, 2016
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: June 30th, 2017
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
University of California, Irvine has opening for an assistant/associate specialist in the areas of health informatics and human-computer interaction. The assistant/associate specialist will be working on an NSF funded project that studies the collaborative behavior between patients and their healthcare providers, and to explore opportunities to design technologies that support and enhance patient-provider interaction. Specific topics covered in this project include, but are not limited to: the information practices of patients with chronic conditions and their caregivers; co-located or remote interaction between patients and their healthcare providers; and health technologies that support the documentation and reflection of care practices and information sharing.
The successful candidate will be mentored by Associate Professor Yunan Chen and will work closely with faculty collaborators, doctoral students, postdoctoral and visiting scholars, and programmers in the newly formed Health & Information (HAI) Lab at University of California, Irvine.
The position is open untill it is filled, with a desirable starting date between September 1, 2016 to November 1, 2016. The appointment period will be one year initially and will be renewable up to two years.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- A Ph.D. in human-computer interaction, health informatics, computer science,or other related fields;
- Experience in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods;
- Experience in studying in the healthcare context;
- Knowledgeable in user-centered design, system evaluation, and prototyping techniques;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent writing capabilities demonstrated by sample publications and/or publication record.
Current graduate students who meet all other requirements but have not yet completed their Ph.D. degree are welcome to apply. However, any offer made will be contingent upon successful completion of the degree. While ideally the candidate should start in the position prior to November 1, 2016, a later starting date is negotiable.
Salary will be between $45,576-$60,924 annually, depending on experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should respond by submitting the application and the names and addresses of three references to:
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now