Visiting Senior Program Advisor, International Programs - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Stud
Visiting Senior Program Advisor, International Programs
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Student Academic Affairs Office
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Visiting Senior Program Advisor will work closely with International Education Specialist in managing the global initiatives of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to accomplish the following: increase the number of international experience opportunities for both domestic and international students; support the needs of incoming international students; and support the College's goal to increase the study abroad participation rate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with faculty and staff to plan and execute both short-term and long-term international educational experiences for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, including:
- Develop and execute fee-based Academic Enrichment programs for international institutional partners
- Work with LAS faculty to develop and execute short-term faculty-led courses abroad
- Both include:
- Develop and manage budgets in consultation with LAS Budget and Resource Planning office.
- Arrange logistical details, including travel and hotel arrangements, payment arrangements and registration for students participating in programs
- Conduct information sessions, health and safety presentations, and pre-departure and cultural orientations.
- Represent College of LAS at fairs and outreach events to promote education abroad and international programs.
- Collaborate with campus-level staff to create best practices for international travel in health, safety, and risk management. Train faculty and staff in these practices.
- Develop marketing materials, procedure manuals and forms.
- Supervise interns and peer advisors.
- Work with International Education Specialist to evaluate current activity, needs and potentials within the College for international programming. Create, develop and maintain a database of current international activity at the College level and work with units to develop their activity, particularly in the area of exchange programs.
- Maintain website and social media for International Programs.
- Provide academic and administrative advising to current and prospective education abroad students.
- Assume additional related duties to further the mission of the unit.
- May be required to work some evenings and weekends to participate in advising and outreach activities on and off campus, and to represent the College at professional meetings as needed.
- Will be required to work nights and weekends while chaperoning faculty-led or academic enrichment programs.
- Master's degree
- Three years of higher education administrative experience, preferably in international education or advising;
- Extensive project management experience; with excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrated effective public speaking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, intercultural and oral/written communication skills;
- Experience developing and managing program budgets;
- Substantive personal experience with international study, living, and/or travel.
- Master's degree in the fields of International Education, Liberal Arts and Sciences, or closely related.
- Experience with successful grant-writing or similar experience generating funds for a self-funded unit
- Experience administering, organizing and leading multiple international educational experiences;
- Experience recruiting and advising students for study abroad experiences
- Supervisory experience;
- Proven ability to handle emergencies of students or other stakeholders;
- Experience working closely with faculty;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and coordinate efforts and resources from multiple units, both on-campus and off
- Experience with website development;
- Experience developing marketing materials, procedure manuals and forms;
- Fluency in a foreign language.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time, visiting academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at http://go.illinois.edu/LASVSPA and upload your cover letter and resume by May 22, 2017. Online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Allison Perry at email@example.com .
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
Organization Name: Student Admissn Oth
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Category: Academic Professional
Open Date: 05/08/2017
Close Date: 05/22/2017