PACE Research Concierge (Analyst, IT)
PACE Research Concierge (Analyst, IT)
Vice Dean Res Informtcs
Job Title: PACE Research Concierge (Analyst, IT)
The PACE Research Concierge demonstrates knowledge across the PACE Program to support its customers in their ongoing awareness, adoption, and utilization of the product. This position will provide at-elbow support to researchers across the institution, clinicians, and administrative staff. A strong understanding of PACE, supporting systems and related processes is paramount. I addition, a commitment to excellent customer service and relationship building is required. The PACE Research Concierge must be knowledgeable of the Office of Research Informatics (ORI) application (software) portfolio to support the efforts of other product concierge and to identify opportunities for PACE alignment. In cooperation with the PACE project team, Analytic Center of Excellence (ACE), Research Support Services (RSS), MyResearch Navigators and the front end users, the PACE Research Concierge also identifies improvements to the product and supporting process.
The researcher's success and satisfaction with PACE is the ultimate judge of this role.
- Effectively work with the PACE project team and research community to understand research team workflows and suggest improvements to both workflow and utilization of applications within the ORI portfolio.
- Create training materials and provide instruction for users of PACE. Serve as technical resource for training.
- Serve as a liaison between the research community and the individual product teams. Provide an excellent level of customer service to the research community.
- Assesses user workflows, makes recommendations on tools/applications, and services available in PACE.
- Work with ORI PACE product team and peer organizations to collaboratively resolve complex issues, ensure continuous support across user groups, and assist in achieving the product business goals.
- Support project/product team with creation and optimization of user training materials including user guides, FAQs, and tip sheets. Provide individual instruction as necessary for PACE users. Serve as a technical resource for PACE tools/applications and services.
- Possess a deep functional understanding of PACE and supporting systems from an administrative/support level and an end-user level perspective.
- Assist researchers in aggregating the data necessary for their project.
- Provide at the elbow support for research application questions and issues regarding PACE.
- Liaise with the MyResearchNavigator service, Analytic Center of Excellence (ACE), Academic Desktop Support, Duke Office of Clinical Research (DOCR), Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS), clinical concierge teams, and ORI product teams to resolve issues or ensure users are connected with the appropriate support. Manage issues and tasks through a service management platform, ServiceNow.
- Participate in application testing activities during development, implementation, and upgrade cycles to ensure the quality of ORI applications and to increase familiarity with features and functions to best support the research community.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of related experience required
- Provided direct customer support (enjoys working with brilliant faculty) Worked with a variety of data storage system - RMDB, basic file storage, with no-SQL databases a plus
- Worked with of analytics packages such as SAS and R
- Familiarity with script languages such as Python, PHP, Perl, etc
- Experience working with/in academic medical researchers is a plus
- Preferred: Experience working in a clinical or research setting and previous Business Analyst experience.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description
Date last revised: 04/17/2017
2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.