RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Duke Human Vaccine Institute - Admin
Research Technician II
- Perform assays assessing virus-specific immune responses against HIV
- Process and isolate mononuclear cells from human and nonhuman primate blood and other tissues and conduct subsequent steps involved in the phenotypic evaluation of cells by flow cytometry, including cellular staining techniques and data acquisition, analysis, and maintenance.
- Perform ordering responsibilities for the laboratory, including taking inventory, restocking, submitting orders, managing samples, and coordinating with other lab members regarding their specific assay needs.
- Perform cell culture, virus, and reagent preparation for immunologic and virologic assays.
- Perform antibody binding and neutralization assays for various laboratory projects.
- Perform other laboratory or data management duties, including laboratory maintenance tasks, as requested by the Principal Investigator or senior lab staff.
- Collect information and data through observation, experimentation and various other methods, to include operating highly technical laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Prepare and process specimens for complex immunological and virological procedures, including but not limited to PBMC Processing, Flow Cytometry, Cell Culture, Real Time PCR, ELISA, Western Blot, and devise experimental techniques for testing and analysis as directed by laboratory manager.
Education, Skills, & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in biology or a related field
- Laboratory experience is preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized and approach procedures with critical thinking of the technical aspects with strong communication skills and ability to work in an interactive team environment.
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion,sexual orientation, or veteran status.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.