Developer/ Systems Analyst, We're growing!!!!
Systems Analyst / Developer, We're growing!!!!
Include the following but not limited to and follows the "I'm Committed" Leadership standards.
As a key member of the Information Technology Department, this position is responsible for supporting, improving the quality and integrity of information and to provide cost effective solutions to the organization on how to best utilize their ERP business application software; to position the company to achieve strategic and operating objectives. This includes the analysis of business requirements, developing alternatives for improvement, database analysis, problem solving, programming development, documentation; creating formal system requests, testing, documenting, and implementation planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze user requirements, reconcile conflicts, and make appropriate recommendations that will satisfy the needs and objectives of the business.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Develops system approaches and solutions; collaborates with other team members in selection of optimum solution.
- Develop and implement policies, standards, procedures and guidelines necessary to effectively administer the database environment
- Plan and conduct structured testing of database designs to confirm functionality and performance
- Develop test plan and test scenarios for agreed upon solution.
- Test and document results, whether system change or business process change.
- Develop user documentation, work instructions, and job aids as needed.
- Train end users on business application functionality.
- Provide application support when required.
- Takes assigned project from original concept through final implementation.
- Travel between facilities required.
- Effectively communicate concepts and details to various departments within the organization in a language users can understand.
- Ability to present details from different perspectives to ensure the message is pertinent to the needs of the business.
- Able to break down abstract concepts into details and enable users to see the big picture.
- Successfully communicate with team members, manage user expectations to reach consensus and to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Create clear, complete and useable written documentation to support the requirements management process and to report findings to the other users.
- B.S or equivalent work experience, or combination of education and experience required.
- Exposure to formal implementation methodologies and project management desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with working in a project oriented environment.
- Must be flexible and available to provide off-hours support.
- Solid reasoning and logic skills required to help debug and develop specifications for business application and perform diagnostic analysis on existing applications and systems.
- Advanced skills in MS Office 2010 Suite, MS Project
- Ability to write queries, create forms and write/modify VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) code.
- Knowledge of relational databases specifically MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of VBA, Visual Basic.Net and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Crystal Report Writing
- Experience with Manufacturing applications
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Organizes workload, sets priorities and works within deadlines.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Information and trouble requests are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Familiar with project management techniques and procedures.
- Ability to translate user and developer concerns, questions, and support issues into viable and effective technical solutions.
- Able to articulate and apply the core values to all aspects of work.
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S in Information Systems or Finance degree preferred or equivalent work experience, or combination of education and experience required.
- Strong analytical skill, be able to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of relational databases specifically MS SQL Server
- Working knowledge of VBA, Visual Basic for MS Visual Studio
- Working programming knowledge for vbEDI, a plus
- Advanced skills in MS Office 2010 Suite, MS Project
- SQL education/certification, a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active user communication; access, input and retrieve information from the company's ERP systems.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
SP Industries, Inc. is a privately held manufacturer of laboratory and process equipment serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, scientific, educational, industrial, and OEM markets. It is comprised of leading well known brands representing over 250 combined years of experience, quality and innovation. SP Industries is a global supplier committed to providing the best products and services available to its customers. We offer a world-wide sales and service network with full product support including training and technical assistance.
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy is to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Wed, 3 May 2017 13:22:35 PDT