Senior HIM Consultant (NATIONWIDE TRAVEL)
The Senior HIM Consultant manages the Hospital Health Information Management function including the management of staff, development of project plans and assurance of deliverables at Precyse clients nationwide. This individual will report to the HIM Consulting Director. HIM Senior Consultants with CCS credentials may be called upon to act as a coding manager or resource to drive and develop on site coding processes, staff, and other functions in HIM related to coding services for the client. The HIM Senior Consultant will travel 100% of the time.
- Independently manages multiple client priorities and develops project plans and timetables commensurate with each assignment. Comprehensive, clear and concise documentation of project status, recommendations, deliverables and outcomes required.
- Responsible for analyzing and improving processes.
- Manages projects by handling the executive relationship, organizing the team, structuring the work plan, introducing the completed work to client.
- Compiles reports and exit conferences.
- Supervises the operations of HIM and staff as requested and ensures all job responsibilities are covered in absence of other staff.
- Partners with HIM Consulting Director to coordinate regular communications with clients to develop and maintain strong relationships on interim assignments.
- Collaborates with HIM Consulting Director to monitor client deliverables, exception reports and contractual obligations on a consistent basis on interim assignments.
- Develops and reports marketing and cross-selling opportunities for client accounts.
- Prepares and provides regular operational and client reports to the client and the HIM Consulting Director on interim assignments.
- Provides Metrics reporting weekly to HIM Consulting Director and the client on interim assignments.
- Provides consultative services to the outpatient service areas.
- Assists with the development of straw models or related deliverables for consulting offerings.
- Interacts and collaborates with billing office, physicians, IT, and hospital personnel to resolve coding/billing issues and works and understands the DNFB/DNFC process if placed on coding assignment.
- Possesses a solid grasp of the charge master, revenue codes, processing patient type changes, cancelled accounts, and working multiple edits if it applies to scope of work assigned.
- Creates and monitors reports such as unbilled due to documentation, unbilled due to charge errors or others; analyzes trends to identify root causes and proposes recommendations when scope of work involves coding management.
- Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality and follows state, federal and hospital guidelines for the release of information.
- Maintains current skill set with regard to government regulations, compliance and TJC and DNV guidelines.
- Must be able to lead efforts for TJC or DNV preparation and survey.
- Travel may include weekday and / or weekend travel.
- Must also have high speed internet access and experience with remote access, set-up, and troubleshooting technical issues when working remotely.
- Supports the Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by training participation and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- RHIA and/or RHIT
- RHIT required.
- 5+ years of experience as a Director of Health Information Management required.
- Required HIM skills: DNFB management, CMS regulations, TJC and DNV standards knowledge, HIPAA knowledge, operational assessment, and staffing.
- Experience as a Director of Health Information Management in at least two 200+ bed facilities.
- Previous consulting experience and/or work flow design expertise.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Master's degree.
- CCS or other advanced credentials.
- Working knowledge of the implementation of Document Imaging, Electronic Medical Record, or other hospital information systems proficiency.
- HIM Skills: project management, electronic record implementation and re-engineering, MPI cleanup, outsource transcription management, compliance regulations knowledge and software/hardware justification.
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse and Equation, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Mon, 8 May 2017 05:59:27 PDT