HIM Data Analyst
Overview : The HIM Data Analyst is a primary source of information, advice, and support for assigned systems. The HIM Data Analyst is required to have in-depth knowledge of the processes supported by these assigned systems. This position will work closely with HIM management, HIM department users, hospital users, and Information Technology Analysts to properly implement features of the assigned applications in their areas of responsibility. The HIM Data Analyst ensures efficient and consistent use of assigned systems throughout the overall integrated Revenue Cycle system. Helps define the training needs of Health Information Management colleagues and other hospital personnel who use the assigned systems. This positon will perform general administrative duties as directed to assure good system maintenance and operation.
- Provides programming and systems analysis support for a broad array of strategic/tactical initiatives for the Health Information Management Department.
- Interacts with stakeholders to recommend, design, develop, and implement Health Information Management system functionality that meets departmental objectives (i.e., workflow, forms setup in the legal medical record)
- Draws upon practical experience and technical knowledge to maintain the legal medical record and supporting system functionality (i.e. clarification of new forms).
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships in order to facilitate information exchange.
- Is responsible for monitoring, building, and maintaining all Health Information Management related aspects of the Health Information Management systems.
- Performs end user training for Health Information Management colleagues and other hospital personnel who use the assigned applications in collaboration with HIM leadership.
- Will respond to the software malfunctions of assigned systems and provide support and assistance to operations and users to correct and avoid future recurrence of production application problems.
- Manages the Master Patient Index including move, merge, unmerge, and data correction. Including complex data analysis of potential duplicates
- Serves as departmental liaison to registration and/or ancillary department leadership on duplicate patterns and trends to reduce incidence of duplicates at source
- Attend and participates in relevant Committee meetings as determined by HIM leadership.
- Generates and analyzes reports to support Health Information Management Department operations.
- Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality.
- Follows all federal, state, industry, and hospital guidelines related to Health Information Management.
- Supports Precyse's Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
- Participate in upgrades and testing to the assigned systems.
- Communicate problems, requests, and other issues to Customer Support resources for the application vendor and is active in vendor user groups.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and the ability to communicate effectively with the client staff, management, and peers.
- Fosters respect for patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality in all phases of work.
- Ability to maintain excellent organizational skills and meet deadlines.
- Written and communication skills.
- Must display excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to assist the department as needed.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- High school graduate or equivalent experience required.
- RHIT or RHIA preferred.
- Minimum four years of previous Health Information Management department experience required.
- Must be proficient with hospital Health Information Management computer systems.
- Previous Health Information Management system maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Knowledge of MS Office and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Go to Meeting.
- Knowledge of Visio preferred.
About nThrive : nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse, Equation and Adreima, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
nThrive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
nThrive is the leader in providing end-to-end revenue cycle services, technology and education solutions. Previously known as MedAssets, Precyse and Equation, each formerly a leader in its own right, we've combined our talents and capabilities into a single enterprise. At nThrive, we are people who are passionate about empowering health care for every one in every community. We work together to transform financial and operational performance, enabling health care organizations to thrive.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Mon, 8 May 2017 08:09:29 PDT