Research Specialist I
Requisition # 2017-7257
Department Integrative Genomics
Category Research and Laboratory
Date Posted 3/8/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics seeks applicants for a research specialist to join the laboratory of Amanda Amodeo whose research focuses on cellular decision making in the early embryo. We seek to understand the control of the midblastula transition and zygotic genome activation using single embryo microscopy, biochemistry, molecular biology, and genetics in the fruit fly, Drosophila.
Specific duties include:
- Design and execution of experiments.
- Fly genetics.
- Application of microcopy techniques and imaging of live and fixed embryos.
- Basic image analysis techniques.
- Basic molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western blotting and molecular cloning.
- Participation in shared lab chores.
- BS in biology or related field, more experienced candidates also welcome.
- Laboratory research experience and familiarity with microscopy, basic molecular biology and biochemical procedures, and data analysis.
- Ability to work independently as part of a larger team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and manage a research project.
Non-essential (preferred) functions:
- Experience in working with Drosophila.
- Experience with Matlab.
- The ideal candidate is one who seeks professional development as a scientist and is therefore interested in reading the current scientific literature and conducting an independent research project. She/he will take ownership of her/his project and work semi-autonomously under the guidance of the PI and other group members.
The final candidate will be required to complete a background check.successfully
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.