*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Science
Administrative Assistant (Administrative Assistant III)
Position #731140 - Requisition 08180
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is currently seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant position. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, Center for Lungs and Breathing (CLB). This role will directly assist the Director of the CLB and work collaborative with the Center's Faculty, Staff and leadership in order to ensure all technical and clerical needs are met.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Manages and coordinates all clinical and academic schedules for the Director of the CLB.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations for the Director.
- Distributes incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, files, and other forms of communication to personnel in the Division / CLB daily.
- Coordinates meetings and provides information to both internal and external representatives.
- Responds to inquires in-person, over the phone, and via email/fax.
- Locates Medical Literature for faculty, within the PubMed System, and assistance with tracking down source citation information.
- Proof-reads and edits of written documents (e.g. letters, grants, papers, etc.).
- Coordinates and books travel for the Director of the CLB (i.e. registers for conferences, books hotels and airfare, etc.)
- Reconciles travel reimbursements and credit card transactions for the Director.
- Orders office materials for the CLB group.
- Provide general administrative support for the Director of the CLB, Dr. Todd Bull and the Center's Faculty, staff and leadership. This includes:
- Making copies; assembling and collating documents.
- Sending faxes.
- Overseeing travel arrangements and travel reimbursements.
- Calendaring and scheduling.
- Attending meetings for the CLB and taking minutes for file and distribution.
- Assisting with pre and post-award grant details as needed, including tracking financials.
- Delivering and picking up materials from other departmental offices.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Three (3) years of general clerical and/or administrative experience.
Substitution: College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment: Must be willing and able to...
- Lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs.
- Sit and stand for long periods of time, frequently walk, and bend/stoop, as well as execute repetitive motions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Event planning experience.
- Experience working with UCD software such as Marketplace and Concur.
- Experience working in an academic or higher education setting.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize tasks in accordance with Division and CLB objectives.
- Ability to develop and maintain a solid understanding of UCD, UPI, and DOM fiscal and travel policies and be able to accurately provide faculty and fellows with information related to documentation and travel planning requirements.
- Ability to work with personnel from other departments on campus in order to coordinate meetings involving multiple faculty members within a given timeline. This will require effective communication with the faculty members and their staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to help and be a team player.
- Strong computer skills including all programs in the Microsoft Office Professional Suite.
- Ability to quickly learn new web-based programs and database applications.
- Ability to working with UCD software such as Marketplace and Concur.
- Acute attention to detail and follow-up required, along with the ability to move from one task/duty to another without errors despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust quickly to shifting demands; recognition that in this business, unexpected situations arise that require a re-arrangement of schedules.
- Ability to provide administrative support for multiple individuals is required.
- Ability to maintain excellent customer service and friendly working relationships with a diverse group of co-workers, faculty, lab personnel, fellows and students.
- Knowledge of the administrative structure of UCD and SOM.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 5 professional references, with at least one from a direct supervisor or manager, preferably within the past 3 - 5 years. Questions should be directed to Leigh Kerwin at Leigh.Kerwin@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Mar 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Leigh Kerwin
Posting Contact Email: Leigh.Kerwin@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00731140