Research Associate-D'Mello lab
Postdoc in Cognitive Science at the University of Colorado Boulder
The Institute of Cognitive Science (ICS) at the University of Colorado Boulder anticipates hiring a full time postdoctoral fellow starting Summer/Fall 2017 for one year and renewable for a second year. The position includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The candidate will collaborate on research projects that use mixed methodologies (e.g., eye tracking, think alouds, physiological modeling) to advance understanding on how mental states (e.g., mind wandering, boredom, frustration) arise and influence outcomes across a range of interaction contexts (e.g., reading, collaborative problem solving, educational game play) from data collected in the lab, online, and in the field.
The candidate will work under the mentorship of Dr. Sidney D'Mello and will play a co-leadership role in a vibrant research team encompassing researchers in Cognitive Science, Psychology, Computer Science, and Education.
The position offers a unique postdoctoral training experience and unsurpassed publishing opportunities within multi-disciplinary, multi-institution, grant-funded projects. The postdoc will be encouraged to advance his/her own research program, develop advanced technical skills, strengthen his/her research portfolios, develop leadership skills by mentoring students, and gain expertise in authoring collaborative grant proposals.
• 1-2 year position. Initial contract is for one year (providing renewal after 6-month probationary period). Second year contract is based on performance and availability of funds.
• Start date is negotiable, but anticipated for Summer/Fall 2017.
Please email email@example.com
• Ph.D. in Cognitive Science, Cognitive Psychology, or Cognitive Neuroscience at the time of appointment
• Research experience in one or more of the following areas (emotion, mind wandering, small group interactions, discourse analysis, dynamical systems modeling)
• Strong writing skills and ability to conduct independent research as evidenced by first author publications
• Experience with psychophysiological measurement and analysis (e.g., eye tracking, EDR, HRV, EEG, fMRI) and/or cognition embedded in social interactions (e.g., collaborative problem solving; interpersonal coordination)
• Advanced analytic skills (e.g., generalized linear mixed models, multilevel SEM, nonlinear time series analyses, Bayesian statistics, machine learning)
• Basic scripting/programming skills (e.g., R, Python)
• Experience mentoring graduate and undergraduate students
Special Instructions to Applicants:This position is eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, retirement benefits programs, and is eligible for monthly vacation and sick leave accruals. The University of Colorado Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment, prior to the issuance of an offer letter. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and an EPLS (Excluded Parties List System) check. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
The University of Colorado is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Boulder Campus Title IX Coordinator by calling 303-492-2127. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Applicants must complete Faculty/University Staff EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1-Cover letter; 2-Curriculum Vitae 3-List of Three References 4-One or two representative publications
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10066 - Cognitive Sci Institute-Admin
Posting Date: Mar 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alan Dale
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00732126