Senior Program Manager, Donor Relations and Special Events
The office of Donor Relations has an opportunity for a Senior Program Manager to plan and consult on event and program logistics, implementation and execution, as well as the daily operations of donor events and programs on behalf of the CU Boulder Chancellor and the Vice Chancellor for Advancement. Experience in donor relations and development preferred, but not required.
This position focuses on smaller events, creating the best possible experience for our donors. The Senior Program Manager also maintains relationships with the President's Office, Office of the Chancellor, and the Advancement units to coordinate a systematic program for donor stewardship and cultivation through engagement opportunities. The Senior Program Manager develops and maintains event budgets and serves as a resource and consultant to the campus Advancement units for event planning and execution.
- Acts as the primary liaison and coordinator for donor-related events at the Chancellor's Residence, including 1:1 dinners and secondary events hosted by the schools and colleges.
- Maintains an updated and detailed calendar for events for the Chancellor's wife including events hosted by Donor Relations, the Office of Events & Outreach, and the Advancement units. Provide detailed event briefing packets.
- Acts as a resource and consultant to all Advancement unit staff for appropriate branding guidelines, event collateral review, event support, and university alcohol policy compliance.
- Works in tandem with the Associate Director of Donor Relations and Event Program Manager to develop, plan, organize, and manage the football suite donor engagement program. Coordinate with the CU President, CU Boulder Chancellor, Vice Chancellor for Advancement, Deans, and Assistant Deans to steward and cultivate targeted donors.
- Manages ticket distribution and game day suite logistics.
- Manages the purchasing process if all athletic tickets for the CU Boulder Advancement Staff. Manage appropriate budget allocation, billing, and reporting.
- Takes the initiative and responsibility of special projects as appropriate.
- Plans, organizes and controls the operations of multiple, complex programs. Manages the program and collaborates with appropriate staff and volunteers.
- Works directly with the Office of Events & Outreach, the Alumni Association, and the Office of Parent Relations to organize and execute football pre-games and outreach events.
- Manages two advancement season football suites including collaborating with Advancement units on invitation lists, catering, and game day staffing and logistics.
- Serves on the CU Boulder NEXT Logistic Committee.
- Responsible for budgeting anticipated revenue and expenses associated with subject program. Reviews "budget-to-actual" status on a monthly basis and addresses any significant concerns. Reviews effectiveness of program and makes suggestions for modification and improvement.
- Manages design, production, and distribution of event related collateral materials. Including invitations, programs, signage, emails, registration pages, etc. Work with campus advancement marketing and communications to maintain consistency among collateral and compliance with campus and system branding.
What We Can Offer
Salary starting at $55,000/annually, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be involved. Be dynamic. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
A bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in project management required.
A minimum of 5 years' experience planning and managing projects required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; database management software.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May 18, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus HR
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00001220