*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics, Section of General Pediatrics
Program Assistant (Program Assistant I)
Position #733185 - Requisition 09439
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of General Pediatrics is seeking applications for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Program Assistant (Program Assistant I) position.
This full-time position will be responsible for coordinating the needs of multiple faculty and programs within the Section of General Pediatrics. Responsibilities for the Administrative Coordinator may include, but not limited to, maintaining calendars for the medical director, faculty and clinic; assisting with grant applications; preparing reports of findings which include solutions; analyzing, evaluating, developing, and implementing work processes to achieve program efficiencies and deliver needed services effectively; scheduling meetings; maintaining clinic schedules; organizing Section documents; managing CME accounts; assisting faculty with travel and other arrangements; and office management. This is a high-functioning position with a demand for excellent organizational and multitasking skillsets.
- Assist the Medical Director/Assistant Medical Director at the Child Health Clinic to manage the clinical calendar, which includes scheduling Medical Students, Residents, Fellows, Mid-Levels, and MD Faculty members for their time in clinic seeing patients.
- Manage and track CU-Medicine and University accounts, and generate simple reports. Including but not limited to preparing budget documents; overseeing compliance with budget guidelines, interpreting budget materials, guidelines, and processes with line with program accounts and budget.
- Assist in budgeting for projects and small grants; convert newly earned awards into working budgets in order to assist faculty investigators in tracking and management.
- Coordinate and organize meetings among multiple people to occur by phone or in person.
- Track faculty files for credentialing, including BLS/PALS recertification, license renewal, DEA, association dues. Proactively assist faculty to renew to avoid lapses in credentialing and memberships.
- Coordinate and create a quarterly Section newsletter using Microsoft Publisher or similar tools.
- Support a variety of Section-wide projects, as needed.
- Conduct typical office management functions such as, ordering office supplies file maintenance, answering phones, and attending staff meetings.
- Perform data entry for research studies, clinical projects, and resident evaluations, per set program guidelines.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $45,264 - $50,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.jobsatcu.com/hr/postings/true.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Four years of general clerical or administrative service experience, including one year of experience working in a hospital or university setting.
Substitution: College, university or non-correspondence business school course work may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the general experience, but not for the specific experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10 panel drug test.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal and sex offender background check.
- Experience with Outlook and Doodle or other scheduling software.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience in a healthcare and/or hospital setting.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple complex functions at once
- Willingness to exercise judgment, discretion, and comfortable making decisions independently
- Basic understanding of office equipment, faxing, copying etc.
- General understanding of Academic Medicine.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Andrea Loasby at Andrea.Loasby@childrenscolorado.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin May 12, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20875 - SOM-PEDS General Peds-GenOps
Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Andrea Loasby
Posting Contact Email: Andrea.Loasby@childrenscolorado.org
Position Number: 00733185