PeopleSoft Portal Developer
Located in uptown Denver, University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and a portfolio of secure, reliable and cost effective enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise.
This position is expected to provide technical expertise and support in the area of PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal using Java, PeopleCode, PeopleSoft Enterprise Portal, various web technologies, and other Oracle technologies. The position will play a key role in the development of new portal components and functionality.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
- Technical role includes development work, troubleshooting, and production support in a 24x7 environment.
- Gather requirements for system enhancements and improvements.
- Analyze requirements, existing business applications, and processes to recommend and implement system enhancements and/or process improvements.
- Analysis of complex processes and potential technologies involved in implementing enhancement requests.
- Develop, test, debug, modify, and document complex systems requiring thorough knowledge of University enterprise applications (e.g., Portal; Phire; Campus Solutions; Human Capital Management) and business processes with little or no supervision.
- Prepare detailed specifications for business applications projects, including development of new applications and customizations to be integrated with existing applications.
- Collaboratively create architectural frameworks to develop and enhance the approach used for software design and analysis using existing and new technologies.
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve enterprise application issues.
This position is supervised by the Assistant Director Enterprise Portal & Mobile and may be asked to lead other developers in architectural, project and solution efforts without direct supervisory authority.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $70,000-$90,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline (professional experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement)
- Three (3) or more years of experience in an Enterprise IT environment
- Two (2) or more years of PeopleSoft experience to include SQL, PeopleCode development and PeopleTools installation, configuration and scale up, preferably in a large-scale implementation
- One (1) or more years experience with large scale projects, enhancements, upgrades and Production Support including PeopleTools Upgrades
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to clearly indicate integration solution designs and implementations
- Four (4) or more years of PeopleSoft experience to include PeopleCode development and PeopleTools installation, configuration and scale up, preferably in a large-scale implementation
- Four (4) or more years of experience in PeopleSoft development using PeopleTools Application
- One (1) or more years of experience with testing and/or automation tools like UFT, PTF, or similar
- Designer including SQR, Application Engine, Component Interfaces, and PeopleCode
- Oracle PeopleSoft Interaction Hub v9.1 Feature pack 2
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience with PS / Portal, Human Capital Management, Campus Solutions
- PeopleTools 8.55 fluid interface, XSL transformations, PageletWizard
- Experience working with Process Scheduler, Report Manager and Job Scheduling
- Experience with Oracle databases, PS Query & complex SQL
- Experience developing mobile web sites and applications including experience with HTML5, CSS3, and Twitter Bootstrap
- Functional and Technical documentation skills which address the needs of the customer, including ability to write detailed test plans from requirements.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be received by Wednesday, March 22, 2017. Those who do not apply by March 22, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter and resume to your application as two separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by May 15, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Mar 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00702419