CYBERSECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER MANAGER
JOB NO.: 90472-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/SEC/DEPT OFFICE
Categories: Information Systems/Technology, Management/Supervisory
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 90472-LI
Working Title: Cybersecurity Operations Center Manager
Official Title: ASST DIR, ADM CMP S/L(J52LL)
Hiring Department: A060370-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/SEC/CYBERSECURITY
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 15, 2017
Minimum $100,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor degree in information technology or a related field. Master's degree associated with information technology management is preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum 10 years' experience of applicable professional services and/or information security experience and expertise.
* Minimum 8 years' experience focus in cybersecurity with four or more years of experience in the preservation and analysis of data during a computer investigation.
* Minimum 4 years' experience leading security practitioners in accomplishing work in challenging data, information technology or cybersecurity environments.
* Must have a management oriented security certification. (Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification is preferred.)
* Highly advanced skills and detailed understanding of network design, security protocols and systems administration with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* A solid understating of manual, automated application penetration skills, vulnerability scanning and analysis as well as skill in careful, limited live testing in live production environments. Ability to develop scripts and other facilitative technical tools.
* Experience in teaching and learning environments to include preparing and presenting lectures or instruction in network or information security.
* Knowledge and expertise in building and operating a Cybersecurity Operations Center.
* Experience working in a distributed governance environment that requires collaboration across multiple units to establish and implement policies and operate processes.
* Professional supervisory certification in computer forensics (e.g., GIAC Certified Forensics Examiner (GCFE), Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI), Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP), or specific certifications in reverse engineering of malware, web application penetration testing, forensics analysis, continuous monitoring, or forensics tools like EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE).
The Office of Cybersecurity supports the CIO and the campus by leading and managing campus efforts to reduce risk. Strategies include appropriate handling of data, continued diagnostics and good processes and procedures to manage our intellectual property and other sensitive information.
As a designated Information Security Officer, the Assistant Director - Cybersecurity Operations manages and supervises the Incident Response and Forensics domain and Security Testing and Cyber Defense domain of the UW-Madison Office of Cybersecurity. This position provides complex computer forensics, incident response, network security, host security and security risk assessment and remediation.
This position will exercise leadership in specifying and managing information technology and cybersecurity tools and processes to support security standards for all systems and applications that are operated and managed under the auspice of the Office of Cybersecurity. The Assistant Director - Cybersecurity Operations will implement management programs to ensure the continuous availability, confidentiality, and integrity of information assets owned and used by the university community, consistent with university management's informed risk tolerance. These systems include the Advanced Threat Protection suite and security tools, various departmental web applications, and many other systems.
Instructions to applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 08 May 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 5 Jun 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time