Financial Aid Assistant, CP2N13563SFA
Assess student need and provide outstanding customer service to students, parents and the College community. Responsible to evaluate and respond appropriately to the level of student need and provide clear and concise dissemination of financial aid information regarding application, processes, community resources and available internet resources.
Position Title: Financial Aid Assistant, CP2N13563SFA
Duties of Position:
- Responsible for comprehensive knowledge of Federal and State financial aid program regulations, policies and procedures.
- Advise and counsel students, parents and the general public regarding financial aid issues at the front counter and on the telephone. Assist students with completing the online FAFSA application, entrance loan counseling and master promissory note.
- Provide outstanding customer service at the front counter and on the telephone. First point of contact for the front counter.
- Responsible for effective communication with students and parents regarding the documents required for verification.
- Identify and analyze unusual problems pertaining to financial aid with emphasis towards problem resolution and student service.
- Understand professional judgment in concert with Federal Policies and Procedures in determining student eligibility.
- Actively participate in the FAFSA nights and other financial aid outreach events across campus.
- Assist students with admission process, myACCESS, payment arrangements and registration and records questions.
- Assist students with the navigation of the College website and Department of Education websites.
- Document student interaction in Colleague, set-up appointments in Outlook as well as other technologies when necessary.
- Contribute to the implementation and assist in the development and modification of operation procedures of the office.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one year customer service experience in higher education or other compliance driven field. Evidence of commitment and sensitivity to students from diverse backgrounds.
EDUCATION: High School graduate with some college. Courses in Office Information Technology.
EXPERIENCE: Two years' experience in higher education with strong customer service background.
EDUCATION: Some college work related to office practice.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC, fax, calculator, copier, laser printer, multi-line telephone and scanner.
High traffic office. Greeting the public and answering telephone calls. Must be able to stand for several hours at a time. A lot of walking; some lifting up to 20 lbs.
Department: Student Financial Aid - SFA
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt