Coordinator - Financial Systems Specialist and Special Projects, CFRE31408FINO
Coordinates system modifications and preparation of system reports with IT. Acts as a liaison between IT and Finance. Prepares financial and ad hoc reports and datamining extracts. Supports various aspects of payroll, accounts payable, and other accounting operations.
Position Title: Coordinator - Financial Systems Specialist and Special Projects, CFRE31408FINO
Duties of Position:
- Works with IT and Finance staff on the design, programming, management and maintenance of the various financial systems of the College. Trouble shoots problems with the financial system applications.
- Serves as functional-technical resource and project coordinator for financial systems projects.
- Works with staff to coordinate and manage all technical aspects of the finance office systems projects.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the College's financial accounting system and financial reporting system; establishes and maintains system security for the financial accounting and reporting systems; establishes and maintains system security for the financial accounting and financial reporting systems; leads system implementation, upgrade and conversion projects.
- Identifies, analyzes, and implements processes to maximize utilization of the financial accounting and financial reporting systems College-wide; designs, maintains, and makes available accounting system reports, and reports and specialized financial system information as needed for decision-making and analysis.
- Prepares various ad hoc financial reports for department.
- Performs complex datamining from College's Colleague and Hyperion databases to provide data needed for various financial analysis projects.
- Analyzes and seeks to automate manual processes in department.
- Identifies system deficiencies and problem solves for implementation of solutions.
- Special projects as assigned by the Manager of Accounting Operations and Financial Systems.
- Liaison between IT and Finance for system related issues.
- Process maps various business functions.
- Reconciles system interfaces and update to general ledger.
- Prepares policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
At least 5+ years in financial systems and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, Access and SQL. Knowledge of ad-hoc reporting software and SQL language. Must have strong background in datamining using SQL.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Calculator, phone, personal computer.
General office environment.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Financial Affairs & Controller - FIN
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt