Discipline Lead, Design
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University (Melbourne, Australia), has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries. RMIT Vietnam's focus is around three main goals; growth in student numbers, quality of programs, staffing and infrastructure, and differentiation in the way that it teaches digital engagement, fostering industry relationships and providing international opportunities.
All degree programs are recognised by the Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and are subject to regulation by the Australian Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). RMIT Vietnam is an English speaking university.
We have recently reviewed the structure of our School of Communications & Design, to ensure operational efficiency, refine our program offerings, and improve the experience of both students and employees.
As a consequence, we have created several new roles and are now looking for suitably qualified senior academics to join us.
DISCIPLINE LEAD, DESIGN
The Discipline Lead is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of an assigned academic discipline in the School of Communication & Design. The Discipline Lead will work with the Head of Department and Head of School to integrate activities within their designated program to meet the needs of students, staff, and industry, and to ensure a consistent level of academic leadership is delivered across all programs under their lead. They will also contribute to the strategic direction of the School by working collaboratively with other members of the School’s Management Team and promoting their discipline through marketing and commercial activities.
The Discipline Lead will have direct line management of staff in the discipline area.
The scope of responsibilities includes assisting with strategic planning for all programs, program management at a program level where needed, quality assurance, student relationship management, human resource management, program budgeting and resource management.
The Discipline Lead will also fulfil the requirements of a Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or Professor, in accordance with the Academic Expectations framework.
- In accordance with our Academic Expectations Framework, all Academic employees must hold a relevant PhD to be appointed.
- Your appointment, title, and salary will depend on your skills, level of experience, and research contributions.
- Appointment and promotion processes align with RMIT University globally.
- To meet Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) requirements, all non-Vietnamese academic candidates must have at least 5 years relevant experience, teaching in a University environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS 7.0 (or equivalent).
- Non-Vietnamese candidates must also meet the requirements of the Vietnamese Work Permit process.
TO FIND OUT MORE
For detailed information, please visit our career website at http://careers.rmit.edu.vn/vn/en/job/556128/discipline-lead-design.