Associate Campus Pastor for Pastoral Care
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Associate Campus Pastor for Pastoral Care will provide leadership with a primary focus of coordinating pastoral care for undergraduate students. This position reports directly to the Lead Pastor around mission and vision and to the Executive Pastor around operations and programming. The role of this Associate Campus Pastor is to work in partnership with the undergraduate pastoral team in implementing, and maintaining structures and systems that foster pastoral care and spiritual formation. This pastor will occasionally preach and provide regular oversight of an evening chapel. They will also provide supervision for up to three Campus Pastor Graduate Interns. This pastor will collaborate regularly with Student Life staff, faculty, and administration around pastoral care and will require a firm grasp on the purpose, values, and strategy of APU in order to complement and support the vision and mission.
- Master's degree or Doctorate (or commitment to obtain) in Theology, Biblical Studies, Christian Education, Youth Ministries, Pastoral Care and Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or equivalent
- Licensed or ordained minister with denominational support and accountability (or commitment to obtain)
- Four to six years of pastoral counseling in campus ministries or church ministry
- Possesses experience in organizational leadership at a larger institution or church where strategic thinking was used and implemented to care for a large group of people
- This person should be a committed Christ follower who is aware of and embraces the Wesleyan tradition and a call to holy living
- Experience in speaking and teaching in a variety of settings both large and small (must provide with application a video or website of a sermon)
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.