Gift Records Coordinator I - Advancement
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Advancement Services Records Assistant provides computer support relative to the development and alumni records stored on the Advancement Software database and helps facilitate the workflow in the Advancement Services area.
- High School diploma (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Two years experience in data entry (gift or pledge processing preferred)
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Data input and maintenance of addresses, phones, and other computer stored information, as needed.
- Research database and identify constituent(s) or enter record(s) for a new ID.
- Prepare donation batch documents and credit card donations
- Print documents, letters, and reports that assist in completing tasks as requested.
- Print donation receipts/acknowledgement letters and prepare for signature and mailing.
- Prepare, process, index and archive all donor drafts/back-up documents
- Process donations and pledges as delegated by donations processor.
- Track/document quantity of work, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned under University Advancement goals and needs.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Accounting or cashier experiences helpful.
- Knowledge of mailing procedures helpful.
- Good math skills.
- Good written and oral communication.
- Good typing.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.