Assistant Director-Fixed Acad Staff
Assistant/Associate Director for Sport ManagementPosition Summary
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at Michigan State University is looking for an Assistant/Associate Director for Sports Management. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee coaches anda variety of Olympic varsity sport programs
- Serve as one of two representatives to the Big Ten Conference’s (BTC) Sports Management Committee and possible additional BTC and NCAA committees
- Assist with post-season travel coordination and the coordination of hosting championship events for sport programs.
- Attend sports programs’ competitive events (on and away from campus when needed) and special events throughout the academic and athletic year.
- Participate in the senior student-athlete exit interview and student-athlete survey processes.
- Manage sport schedules, home sport events/conflict sheet and assist with necessary adjustments for the master calendar.
- Assist with sport profiles, institutional, conference and NCAA reports, student-athlete survey documents, data analysis and follow-up as needed.
- Assist with the implementation and monitoring of the department’s Gender and Minority Issues Plans and data collection necessary for the annual reports in these two areas. Assist with the roster management monitoring process.
- Coordinate the department’s Coaches’ Professional Development Sessions and the Diversity Awareness training sessions for all full-time staff members.
- Coordinate/assist with department initiatives and other special events.
- Serve on department, campus and other relevant committees when needed.
- Complete special projects for the Athletics Director and Executive Associate AD/Senior Women's Administrator and sports management group as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidatemust have a minimum of 5 years of Division I intercollegiate athletic administrative experience (preferably sport management experience); Division I coaching experience is desired as well.
Individual must be highly organized, possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Individualmust display integrity, collaboration, problem solving, multi-tasking andtechnology skills.
Individual must demonstrate a student-athlete and coach centered administrative style and approach.
Individual must display a commitment to institutional, conference and NCAA rules compliance along with a willingness to work traditional and non-traditional hours and be willing to travel as needed for this position and role.
Master's or advanced degree.Required Application Materials
Contact information for 3-5 references