Vice President, Student Services
El Camino College
Vice President, Student Services
Division: Student Services
Close Date: 06/12/2017
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
We are seeking an innovative, proactive, dedicated and visionary leader who can shape the future of El Camino Community College District student services.
The El Camino Community College District Vice President, Student Services/ Assistant Superintendent is a senior leadership position, responsible for the development, direction and evaluation of all student services programs. The Vice President works collaboratively with faculty, staff, students and educational partners to plan and implement high-quality programs to meet the needs of the College and the students it serves. The Vice President provides vision and leadership in evaluating student services programs, service levels, and impact on student access and success. The Vice President ensures compliance with state regulations, Education Code, Board policies, and District procedures.
The ideal candidate is a proven student services leader with a vision for the advancement of student success within a large, complex educational institution. The successful candidate must be an accomplished professional with demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to excellence in student services, reflective of the District’s mission, values and goals.
• Planning, organization and direction of the student services function.
• Budget preparation and control.
• Oral and written communication.
• Principles and practices of administration, supervision and training.
• Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Operation of a computer and assigned so ware.
• Provide overall leadership in planning, organizing, and directing the student services activities and functions of the District.
• Work effectively with a multicultural and diverse student, staff, and community population.
• Provide for a Districtwide research program.
• Supervise the administration of the area budget.
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effctive course of action.
• Meet schedules and timelines.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Plan and organize work.
• Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
• Direct the maintenance of a variety of reports and files related to assigned activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Possess a master’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in the area of student services management or a related field.
• Five or more years of recent and progressively responsible experience at the management level related to student services.
• Sensitivity to and an understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
• Doctorate from an accredited institution preferred.
• Three or more years of recent community college-level experience, preferably in the area of student services.
• Exceptional communication and collaboration skills to address student services issues and related institutional challenges.
• Proven leadership in the development, evaluation, and improvement of student services.
• Technology acumen and vision.
• Office work environment.
• Attendance at multiple meetings.
• Extended periods of sitting.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS SALARY RANGE: $161,018 – $211,838
• The College provides a diversified insured benefit program for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Dependent medical, dental and vision insurance is available, toward which both the College and the employee contribute.
• Paid sick leave is granted equal to one day for each month of service. Sick leave may be accumulated indefinitely. Rather than State Disability Insurance, limited sick leave benefits are available for days beyond the earned sick leave days and are paid at 50 percent.
• Full-time employees contribute a percentage of their regular salary to either the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) or to the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Social Security.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full-time, 12-month administrative position. Excellent fringe benefits, including eight 32-hour work weeks during the summer. Employment is dependent upon satisfactory employment verification, fingerprint check, and tuberculosis examination. Selected candidate must provide identification and work authorization.
An applicant must submit the following by the closing date:
1. Online application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
2. Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3. Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4. Pertinent transcripts as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE PDF document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/lea ets/cl635.pdf.
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application online.
Closing Date: June 12, 2017
Only individuals identified for FINAL interviews are eligible to have their expenses paid. Reimbursement will be limited to economy airfare (to and from point of origin) and for meals and lodging. The maximum allocated for meals, lodging and transportation is $600. Candidate must complete a Travel Request and Reimbursement Form and submit it together with all supporting documentation to the Human Resources Department.
FOR FURTHER INQUIRIES AND APPLICATION MATERIAL SUBMISSION, CONTACT:
El Camino College
Human Resources Department
310-660-3593, Ext. 5809
16007 Crenshaw Boulevard
Torrance, CA 90506
The El Camino Community College District is committed to providing equal opportunity in which no person is subjected to discrimination
on the basis of national origin, religion, age, sex (including sexual harassment), race, color, gender, physical or mental disability, or retaliation.