Data Analyst - Research & Evaluation (Medical Education)
Reporting directly to the Director of Research & Evaluation under the general oversight of the Assistant Dean for Faculty Development and Medical Education, the Data Analyst at the CUNY School of Medicine will provide program evaluation and research assistance with emphasis on data management and analysis; statistical programming; data coding, entry, editing; technical report writing; and library research.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the primary functions of the position are to:
- Maintain data storage and access by aggregating existing databases as needed;
- Develop and maintain a service resource in research design and statistical methodologies for the purpose of providing statistical consultation to faculty, staff and students; and
- Promote and encourage the academic functions of teaching, research, and service.
Additional Job Duties besides research includes:
- Develop and maintain expertise in use of statistical program packages (SAS and SPSS), file editing systems, and other computational skills of primary importance to core activities.
- Develop and collaborate on programs to meet the statistical needs of the research community at the School.
- Protect confidentiality of students, ensuring FERPA regulations.
- Provide written data analysis plans for various research grant proposals and study protocols as assigned.
- Provide sample size estimates and/or power calculations as needed.
- Design data entry templates, develop appropriate codes for data to be collected, develop and maintain coding manuals and data dictionaries and codebooks as necessary.
- Create and maintain data files within SAS, SPSS, Excel, Access, and other programs as needed.
- Provide consultation to faculty and staff within the School of Medicine, as well as outside the School, in designing data collection procedures, setting up data files and computer techniques.
- Confer with others on project team, contributing to team effort by doing data analysis and preparing reports as needed.
- Determine changes in databases by studying project requirements; identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space and access method.
- Write, debug, modify and test new statistical programs as necessary.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or related fields is preferred.
Experience and skill is needed in the following areas: Statistical Analysis, Database Management, Power Analysis Estimation, Software Development Fundamentals, Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Data Maintenance, Database Security and System Administration.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Oversees collection and assessment of data for Institutional Research purposes.
- Compiles, maintains, and analyzes institutional data in various formats
- Produces reports and metrics based on department's needs; responds to time-critical ad-hoc requests
- Loads, extracts, edits, and evaluates data for reporting and analytics
- Maintains selected databases and document libraries, updating and ensuring data quality and accuracy
- May participate in internal and external surveys as needed
- May consult with others in designing methodology for research projects
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16661) or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
Open until filled, with review of applications to begin June 5, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Job Title: Data Analyst - Research & Evaluation (Medical Education)
Job ID: 16661
Full/Part Time: Full-Time