Identity Services Specialist
Identity Services Specialist
Requisition Number: STFR003314
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Identity Services Specialist. The Identity Services Specialist is responsible for the operation and support of the technology, services, and processes of the Identity Management and Provisioning solutions at the University. This includes ensuring the enterprise directory and portal services are administered and maintained in a manner that supports University goals.
This position is a technical contributor of the Identity Management team. This team is responsible for three core services: Identity Management, Portal Services, and Directory Services. Identity Management focuses on the following: account/resource provisioning; all digital and physical identity creation and management including but not limited to system identifiers/credentials, smart cards, tokens, etc.; account self-service (distribution, maintenance, etc.); identity mapping systems and related applications, such as the generation of network identifiers; role management; federated solutions & integration (SAML, etc.); regulatory compliance. Portal Services entails: Portal administration (system upgrades, availability, etc); service integration (session mgmt, single sign-on, email, etc.); establishing/maintaining portal technical direction; primary vendor interface. Directory Services encompasses: LDAP administration (upgrades, availability, etc.); LDAP schema design; data integrity; directory architecture (LDAP, Active Directory, Google, and other internal/external directory services, etc.); service integration (authentication, authorization, directory services, reporting, and auditing).
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferably with continuing studies and course work.
- Must have strong working experience with the development and testing of authentication integration solutions with LDAP and Active Directory.
- Must have strong working experience with the integration of services with various federated technologies including SAML 2.0 and/or Shibboleth (both IdP setup & configuration and SP development), InCommon Federation integration, CAS, OAuth, and Microsoft ADFS.
- Must have strong administrative skills LifeRay Enterprise Portal.
- Must have administrative and development (forms and workflow coding) experience with enterprise IAM solutions (Oracle Waveset preferred).
- Working experience of enterprise database structures (Oracle, MS-SQL) is a strong plus.
- Experienced and demonstrated SQL skills a strong plus.
- Should have excellent analytical skills to understand how clients’ policies and procedures relate to IDM requirements.
- Should have the ability to resolve conflicts while remaining within the policy guidelines; consistent demonstration of creative solutions to problems is a plus.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Must work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor.
- Working knowledge of the security functions of the Ellucian Banner ERP (Student, Finance, HRM) solution a strong plus.
- Excellent time management skills is a plus.
- Strong Project Management skills a plus.
- Strong Business Analysis skills a plus.
- Background in the integration or mobile services with various authentication solutions is a plus.
- ITIL Level 2 Certificate or above is a plus.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.