PRG DIR & ASO IN
PRG DIR & ASO INJob Description:
The Heavener School of Business (HSB) at the University of Florida’s Warrington College of Business (WCB), is seeking an individual to fill the position of an Associate Director for the Heavener School of Business (12-month, non-tenure track faculty status). This key leadership position is responsible for providing academic and administrative oversight for all facets of academic degree programs and leadership development programs within the Heavener School of Business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the academic advising functions and related services of the Heavener School of Business for on-campus students. Ensure the efficacy of academic advising, career coaching, and support services for current and prospective students within the degree programs in Warrington College of Business.
- Provide programmatic management of the BSBA, BABA, minors within the Heavener School of Business, to include managing Academic Learning Compacts and student tracking strategies.
- Lead the School’s efforts to deliver an effective strategy to market and promote combined degree options to Heavener students.
- Ensure the efficacy of leadership development programs operated within the Heavener School of Business. Build data driven strategies that define specific skill development objectives for each leadership program. Use this insight to maximize both learning efficacy and overall student impact across the leadership program portfolio. Increase overall program impact by identifying viable ways to deliver broad reaching leadership skill development to all Heavener students.
- Serve as the internal lead on curriculum and academic issues for the Heavener School with academic department chairs and faculty that teach undergraduate courses. Collaborate regularly with College faculty to improve communication and collaboration between the Heavener School and our faculty partners, and improve student learning outcomes.
- Coordinate with relevant academic committees across campus on curriculum and academic issues. Serve as coordinator for the Heavener School’s academic committee.
- Teach “Warrington Welcome Intro to Business” courses for first year HSB students.
The Associate Director will supervise lead members of the Academic Advising and Career and Leadership program teams.Advertised Salary:
Commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate.Minimum Requirements:
A Master's degree is required, preferably in student personnel, higher education, educational technology, counseling or related fields, along with relevant work experience.Preferred Qualifications:
PhD degree in a related fieldSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted through Careers at UF in order to be considered for the position. For full consideration, applicants must include: (1) a letter summarizing the applicant's qualifications, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) a list of three references.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No