Requisition Number: STFR003433
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Division of Information Technology is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of Application Architect, Integration Technologies. The Application Architect, Integration Technologies will participate in the delivery and administration of Enterprise Application Integration technologies that meet the academic and administrative needs of the University. Provide in depth knowledge of Unix/Linux/Windows based integration and automation platforms including IBM WebpShere Cast Iron, Informatica PowerCenter, Automic Application Manager and their related products. Provide front and backend support for enterprise applications utilizing these technologies and support the associated components making up these technology platforms including web tiers, application tiers, and database tiers. Under general direction from management support project initiatives undertaken by the department, example includes system and capacity planning, installation and configuration of key technologies. The Application Architect, Integration Technologies will be responsible for researching, monitoring and documenting the functions and features of these products and applications that run in these environments. Responsible for recommending technology architectures and topologies that will fulfill future user needs. Responsible for developing and leveraging processes within the organization to institutionalize the architectures to Information Technology Services staff.
Formulate project estimates, coordinate and develop application solutions, including installation, configuration, upgrading, patching, design, coding, testing, debugging and documenting. Strong scripting skills (e.g. shell scripting, jython, python, Perl, Powershell) a must.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in a related field, preferably with continuing studies and course work.
- At least 3 years of experience in the administration, installation, and configuration of enterprise integration technologies in any of the following products: IBM WebSphere Cast Iron, Informatica Power Center, Automic Application Manager (Appworx)
- Experience in the administration, installation, and configuration of web and application server technology a plus, preferable in any of the following products: Apache/Tomcat, IBM (HTTP Server/WebShere Application Server), Oracle (HTTP Server/Web Logic Server, Microsoft IIS.
- Strong SQL database skills required.
- Ellucian Banner experience a plus.
- UNIX, Linux, and/or Windows administration experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills required.
- Demonstrated continued professional growth and development.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.