Chemical Safety Officer & Stockroom Manager
Concordia College invites applications for the position of Chemical Safety Officer and Stockroom Manager. This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Risk Management and the Division Chair of Sciences and Mathematics, and collaborates with Science Division faculty and staff. Responsibilities of this position include:
Chemical Safety Officer:
1. Implements, manages and updates the Chemical Hygiene Plan; conducts inspections and safety audits; ensures compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations.
2. Maintains thorough knowledge of regulations issued by various governmental bodies; implements programs/policies to maintain compliance and assesses effectiveness; serves as a resource person for chemical safety and health information.
3. Develops and administers various laboratory safety and related regulatory compliance training programs for faculty, staff, and students and ensures compliance with safety protocols, acts and ordinances.
4. Manages the hazardous chemical waste in the Integrated Science Center (ISC), in compliance with all applicable regulations
5. Serves as the ISC point of initial contact for chemical, biological and radioactive spills.
6. Serves as the Concordia Radiation Safety Officer and Concordia Laser Safety Officer.
Chemical Stockroom Manager:
1. Chemical Management: Ordering, receiving, cataloging and shelving/storing chemicals, lab supplies, compressed gas cylinders and cryogens; maintaining appearance and organization of stockroom.
2. Chemical Inventory: Maintaining and updating the computerized chemical inventory.
3. Hiring, training, scheduling and supervising student stockroom workers; staffing stockroom during operational hours. 4. Routine chemical preparation for teaching laboratories.
Other duties may include oversight of lab computers, the scheduling of equipment maintenance, and other lab management duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in chemistry, industrial hygiene, environmental health & safety, or related sciences (preferred).
Candidates with a Bachelors Degree in chemistry or related science, and experience related to the development and management of chemical safety programs may be considered in lieu of the advanced education requirement.
Certification in comprehensive practice of industrial hygiene (preferred).
For more information and to apply, please visit https://hr.cord.edu. Concordia College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Criminal background check required.