The Assistant Director of the Office of Equity and Equal Opportunity (OEEO) will support the OEEO's mission of promoting fairness and justice, ensuring that each member of the Miami University community is and feels included and promoting a diverse and welcoming environment that is equally accessible for all who live, learn, work and participate in activities at Miami University.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, criminal justice, sociology or related field;
- At least one (1) year of experience conducting investigations;
- At least one (1) year of experience conducting training, or any equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of non-discrimination regulations;
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal communication, reasoning and organizational skills;
- Ability to remain neutral, impartial and unbiased; to listen, identify and disseminate essential information needed to assess and resolve complex problems; to manage highly sensitive and confidential communications; to complete projects on a timely basis; to prioritize and manage multiple priorities; to work collaboratively with others and foster positive relationships; to follow directions; to work independent of direct supervision; to serve a diverse student, faculty and staff population with cultural competence and sensitivity;
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and/or travel, as needed; and
- Integrity, honesty, consistency, and a strong work ethic are essential to this position.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.