Procurement Card Administrator/Manager
Performs professional level duties in maintaining various accounting records for a dept or college; can include supervision of lower level accounting positions/staff.
The Procurement Card Administrator is responsible for the administration of the University Procurement Card (p-card) program, monthly audits, administration of the Bank of America Works (P-Card System), cardholder and approver training, daily interfaces of data, and monthly journaling activities. This position will analyze and monitor program effectiveness, and reinforcing the control environment to ensure compliance with University, BOR and State policies and procedures.
- Provide customer support to card users; foster compliance with the State of Georgia P-card policies, practices & procedures
- Update the online Works system to make participant changes and maintain accurate cardholder files.
- Ensure that all terminated employee P-cards are cancelled and credit limits are managed.
- Review P-Card usage for policy compliance and coding of the accounting system by inspection and comparison of documents.
- Coordinate journal entries/uploads with Finance to ensure accurate general ledger entries are recorded on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile all P-Card liability accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of University, BOR, DOAS and OPB Policies and procedures related to P-Card.
- Support cardholders by processing applications for new cards, updating cardholder information, inactivating lost/stolen cards, and processing card cancelations.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customer service requests including after-hours assistance, as necessary.
- Act as a liaison between cardholders and the bank to resolve problems and assist with possible fraud investigations.
- Create, develop, and deliver cardholder training programs in-person and online; work to increase efficiency through online training and support modules.
- Develops efficient and effective relationships between program's functions and other program functions within the University (i.e. audit, athletics, sponsored projects, Education Abroad).
- Maintain and improve the University data related to P-Card website.
- Prepare P-card metrics for management.
- Perform account audits to detect potential fraud or liability; recommend and implement approved changes to program security.
- Review cardholder transactions to ensure compliance with policies and follow-up with cardholders, business managers and approvers/managers regarding policy exceptions.
- Manage documentation procedures for cardholder violations and recommend course of action in compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Provide reports to departments on card usage and recommendations for card limits.
- Evaluate procurement card program effectiveness and implement improvements.
- Supervision of others.
- Other duties as assigned
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Bachelor's degree and 4+ years bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance or Supply Chain Management.
- Must become a Georgia Certified Purchasing Card Administrator (GCPA) within 8 months of employment.
- Expertise in P-Card processing techniques and the BOA WORKS system
- Demonstrated familiarity with internal control principles
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Experience in process improvement
- Experience in creating training programs and procedures
- Experience in reconciling accounts
- Strong office computer systems skills e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills in a high volume processing environment
- Ability to travel between different locations on an occasional basis