Commercial Construction Superintendent
An immediate opening is available for a Construction Superintendent at a Commercial Retail Development company currently operating in Georgia, Florida and North Carolina.
This position will be responsible for construction management in the field and coordination of one to multiple retail construction projects in order to successfully execute project delivery to various National tenants. Work load will average in the range of one to five simultaneous projects in the construction stage. This position's primary responsibility will be ensuring safety, schedule and quality objectives are achieved.
• Directly responsible for managing all aspects of the construction execution in the field with the ability to make decisions in the best interest of owner/developer and/or the general contractor. This includes detailed daily subcontractor scheduling, sub-contractor coordination, quality control and some material orders.
• Directly responsible for management of all Subcontractors.
• Drive project schedule provided by Project Manager.
• Provide project assistance for other superintendents in their absence or as needed.
• Appropriately report project progress and issues to all levels of management.
• Responsible for managing the permitting inspections of all assigned projects.
• Onsite supervision and quality assurance. This includes the ability to read construction drawings and ensure installation follows.
Other Job Responsibilities
• Provide reports as needed.
• Project plan reviews, take offs and estimates.
• Collaborate with various levels of management and team members to develop project budgets, scopes of work, schedules, procedures and systems to maintain and/or increase the company's production and reputation.
• Ensure effective administration of defined processes and programs.
• Manage resources in combination with up to four other superintendents to allow uninterrupted schedules across all companywide projects.
• Maintain a firm understanding of expectations and standards to ensure accurate and consistent project deliveries.
• Provide assessment and recommendations to better the processes used and products delivered.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge in building and site construction, plan review, contract administration, scheduling, safety and quality control.
• Five years of experience in the construction field with at least two years in a superintendent role. Other similar management experience will be considered.
• Strong team player attitude with excellent communication skills and ability to present information to small groups.
• Must possess the ability to work effectively with third party inspectors, Subcontractors, Project Coordinators and Project Managers.
• Must possess a working knowledge of computers for email, plan reading, etc. Must be able to take site progress photos on a weekly basis and be able to email out to other project staff.
• Ability to manage projects along side of Project Manager and develop/suggest solutions to critical situations or complex problems that may arise.
• Must possess proven influencing skills and a "can do" attitude.
• Ability to travel up 100% of the time to manage jobs at their respective locations.
• Position requires ability to stand and walk on uneven ground, climb ladders, perform light lifting, and be in extreme heat or cold and dirty work environments.
• Position requires ability to effectively operate construction forklift, bobcat, light towers, scissor lifts and other construction equipment as may be needed to assist subcontractors in moving the project forward.
Full Time 1099 Employment Classification
Georgia, Florida and North Carolina
Candidates meeting the above qualifications and interested in a demanding yet rewarding job opportunity please submit resume.
Sun, 7 May 2017 11:20:21 PDT