Test Engineer-(Software,Hardware adn Integration Testing)
Position: Test Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: Full time Employment
Summary: As part of the Commercial Insertion Architecture, Design and Testing team, this position will be responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the team that plans and executing testing for the Existing and Future CI platform. Currently focused on the Invidi platform and executing tests for future releases to ensure correct functionality before deployments to production occur. This is a hands on position and will require development of in-depth knowledge of the platform and it's capabilities. In addition, responsibility for maintaining the test environments, troubleshooting problems and working closely with the Business and Operational teams as needed.Must be detail oriented and willing to work shifts. EchoStar is a 24/7/365 operation and this job may require working non-business hours for an extended period.
This Position will have 0-25% travel from Denver to our Uplink Centers (Cheyenne, WY & Gilbert, AZ) as assigned.
• Directly supervise a team of engineers.
• Responsible for the daily direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned direct report employees.
• Carry out direct report supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Responsible, with the Senior Management, for screening, interviewing, and training newly hired department employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining direct report employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Act as a mentor for the team and ensure adequate knowledge and support is supplied.
• Design test campaigns that will adequately verify functionality and ensure operational needs.
• Test execution, documentation and reporting for the CI Platform
• Develop Technical & Operational understanding of the platform
• Ability to develop documentation for deployment into production
• Ability and willingness to develop and deploy training
• Ability to use/configure and troubleshoot SNMP tools.
• Manage Windows Server and Linux (RedHat), SAN, NAS, Isilon platforms
• Support Windows Clusters, Perl Scripting, IP, multicast, video compression, MPEG etc.
• Support the Operational team with production issues as needed
• Provide technical support to the Test Environments
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Meet deadlines and complete assignments in a timely manner while maintaining quality standards.
• This Position will have 0-25% travel from Denver to our Uplink Centers (Cheyenne, WY & Gilbert, AZ) as assigned.
• BS in a related field; and minimum 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Direct report supervisory experience
• 3+ years' experience conducting Software, Hardware and/or Integration Tests
• 3+ years' experience supporting test environments, HW and SW Upgrades, configuration and support
• Willing and able to work any shift assigned as dictated by the needs of the business
• Must be able to travel from Denver to our Uplink Centers (Cheyenne, WY & Gilbert, AZ) as assigned
• Experience with Video Compression, MPEG and Satellite Broadcasting.
• Experience with Commercial Insertion technologies and Business Operations
• Experience with maintaining/troubleshooting Test Environments (Windows Server & Red Hat Linux)
• Microsoft Server Admin Experience
• Microsoft cluster Environments
• Microsoft SQL
• Networking Setup and Troubleshooting
• Windows Authentication/Security Skills (DNS lookups, etc.)
• Dell IDRAC
• EMC Isilon Admin
• Red Hat Linux, CIFS, SAMBA, Linux Clusters
Xavient Information Systems Inc. is a global IT engineering company. Working together with such partners as Oracle and Microsoft, Xavient is able to provide comprehensive solutions to customers with a commitment to industry standards and proven technologies in development and support. Strengths include Datawarehousing Middleware, Java, Microsoft Technologies, ERP, TQA, etc. Xavient offers IT Services and innovative practices that enable business process improvement. We provide world-class software solutions to both Fortune 500 companies and smaller companies that need to better leverage their technology investments.
Sun, 7 May 2017 08:21:17 PDT