Production Manager / Shift Supervisor - Optics
Exciting opportunity for an experienced, talented and driven technically minded engineering savvy leader to join a friendly, young and ambitious optics manufacturing team at our Woburn MA facility. Working in an air conditioned, Class 10,000 clean room production environment you will be responsible for a range of tasks. Opportunity to perform in a leadership role, develop managerial career and broaden skillset.
Focused on our range of optical components and technical films you will:
- Ensure production equipment is functioning and reliably producing parts.
- Mentor, train and support a small team of technicians and operators on daily basis.
- Perform variety of activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality control standards throughout optical component manufacturing processes.
- Manage the final Q.A. function in production at an effective level while ensuring on-time shipments of acceptable quality level products.
- Manage acceptance procedures, completion of COA/COC inspection reports and final sign off for shipment.
- Maintain appropriate levels of documentation required to insure inspection and history on all purchased parts and maintain orderly quality records.
- Assist purchasing and engineering in establishing standards for supplier performance.
- Manage incoming materials QC and monitor supplier compliance with internal standards.
- Produce supply root cause/corrective action reports after analyzing customer returns and RMA requests.
- Maintain calibration control of monitoring and test equipment and in-line QC measurement devices throughout the facility.
- Attend weekly production team meetings to review work orders and production schedule.
- Minimum of Associates or B.S. degree in a technical or engineering discipline, ideally related to plastics, polymers, optics or electronic components.
- Minimum 5 years' of experience in production and QC/QA systems in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working within a company requiring compliance with ISO or similar quality management system.
- Knowledge of high quality CNC manufacturing equipment, lasers, optics, polymer extrusion, liquid coatings and/or optical test equipment and processes a strong plus
- Knowledge of Solidworks and CAD software.
- Training or working experience with Lean, Six Sigma or similar continuous improvement methods is a strong plus.
Fusion Optix is a world leader in LED light engines and optics. We design, develop and manufacture components and modules that are used in lighting fixtures, lamps and bulbs. We are a hard working, collegiate and international team that are revolutionizing the way people light their lives. Our compensation and benefits are designed to attract, reward and retain the best talent. We reward performance and In addition to competitive base salaries we offer bonuses and profit related pay. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Fidelity 401K with 6% company matching, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage. Our philosophy is to reward quality work, excellent customer service, high performing results and team building wherever we can, Fusion Optix promotes from within wherever possible.
Fusion Optix was recently voted by Red Herring as one of the Top100 most innovative companies in the Americas and listed by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing manufacturing company in the US. We have sold products to 40 countries worldwide and our customers include some of the world's most distinguished brands. We are recognized as industry leaders in optics and our patented innovations can be found in products used every day in business or the home. As well as, the demanding scientific, medical, military and aerospace applications. Our company headquarter is in Woburn MA where we house our main air conditioned cleanroom production operations.
Visit our website (http://www.fusionoptix.com) or follow us on twitter (@fusionoptix).
Sun, 7 May 2017 06:25:00 PDT