Electrical Field Service Engineer w/ utility generation exp.
• Candidates must be self-starters with good working knowledge of electrical and electro-mechanical substation equipment and relay logic, having worked in Utilities substations
• Minimum of 5+ years of professional electrical experience testing and maintaining electrical equipment in low to medium voltage substations (high voltage experience is a plus)
• Must take pride in work and possess a strong track-record in customer service, safety and teamwork, along with a positive attitude
• Familiar with acceptance and maintenance testing on utility generation side low and medium voltage switchgear, low and medium voltage circuit breakers, instrument transformers, protective relays, motor control centers, dry type and liquid filled transformers, ground systems, etc. All testing is performed per NETA standards.
• Must have ability to operate various testing tools and equipment including megger, power factor, digital multi-meter, cable testing, TTR, LVCB secondary injection set, etc.
• Proven commitments to safety, teamwork and customer service
• Experience managing crews of various sizes during outage periods and coordinate directly with host utility and develop manpower requirements based on schedule.
• Ability to independently perform various commissioning and maintenance tasks typical in a power plant environment during non-outage periods.
• Must have ability to review/ comment/ revise various drawings (controls, schematics, wiring diagrams, etc.)
• Familiarity with the National Electric Code and various industry standards, such as NETA, OSHA, NFPA 70E, and IEEE
• Experience with all aspects of operation and maintenance of large scale pump storage facility would be a plus as well as high voltage test & maintenance experience
Our Client offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as many opportunities for technical training/ growth and advancement.
Our clients include fortune 500 companies specializing in Electrical and Industrial firms.
Sun, 7 May 2017 18:55:30 PDT