Job Title: Landscape Supervisor
Job Description: The Landscape Supervisor is responsible for installation and management of landscape and hardscape projects.
The Supervisor is responsible for completing landscape and hardscape installations with great precision and business minded efficiency.
•Direct activities on the job site, they include but are not limited to: coordinating work flow, hands on work, and operating a variety of machinery.
• Manage personnel effectively and efficiently.
• Communicating production goals (and other items) with crew members, supervisors, and clients
• Train and promote the development of subordinates in the best practices of installation and company standards
•Monitor all tools, equipment and machinery for needed maintenance
•Track and record all job expenses, including but not exclusively materials and hours worked
• Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times
•Other duties as required
• Supervises and manages landscape crew.
• Ensures that each crew member is trained appropriately for each designated job assignment
• Participates in and conducts all job site safety briefings with crew members
• Ensures that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment
• Understands and instructs crew members on proper job site security procedures
• Ensures that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards
• Ensures that all equipment safety and maintenance procedures are followed
• Performs administrative functions pertaining to crew management
• Interacts with clientele in order to help ensure job satisfaction
• Understands financial aspects of each job assignment
• Supervises all crew members during the performance of all assigned work
• Leads by example
• Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day
• Follows directions from supervisor
• Ensures that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to
• Participates in all safety training sessions offered, asks questions, and improves job safety skills
• Communicates well with all crew members, supervisor and client
• Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility
• Monitors all tools equipment and machinery for needed maintenance
• Track and record all job expenses and hours worked accurately
• Maintain clean and safe job site
• Trains crew members the development in the best practices of installation in company standards
• 3+ years' experience
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Commercial Driver's License (preferred) and reputable driving record
• Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including front end loaders, mini-excavators, and skid steer machinery with various attachments; other construction equipment as needed
• Extensive knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications
• Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees: identification and cultural requirements
• Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail orientated
• Excellent attention to detail while working in a fun & fast paced environment
• Verbal& written communication skills
• Good time management skills; be available for long hours all year round
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clients, contractors, vendors, other designers)
• Clean and professional appearance
• Punctual and dependable
We are a well established Landscape Design, Build and Maintenance Company Located in Bergen County, NJ. We have been in business for over 25 years and service ALL aspects of the landscape process.
Sun, 7 May 2017 11:53:56 PDT